Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the latest bmw software updated at a bmw dealership last week drove home parked the car up,next day unlocked car opened the driver door and the warning message came up on dashboard screen and instrument display check control battery management I have only drove it maximum 10 miles so do I need to take the car for a longer drive or ring the dealership? The car is a 2019 m135i xdrive

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Had the latest bmw software updated at a bmw dealership last week drove home parked the car up,next day unlocked car opened the driver door and the warning message came up on dashboard screen and instrument display check control battery management I have only drove it maximum 10 miles so do I need to take the car for a longer drive or ring the dealership? The car is a 2019 m135i xdrive
Do you drive it every day? Do you do a long hard run once a week? Had similar issues on mine as I was only doing 5 miles a day, faults started flashing. Did a decent run every weekend and it has sorted it. I have also bought a battery conditioner and stick that on when I'm using my bike to commute.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you drive it every day? Do you do a long hard run once a week? Had similar issues on mine as I was only doing 5 miles a day, faults started flashing. Did a decent run every weekend and it has sorted it. I have also bought a battery conditioner and stick that on when I'm using my bike to commute.
No not very often maybe I’ll take it for a good drive it’s the first time it’s happened had the car for about 8 months

·
Registered
729 Posts
No not very often maybe I’ll take it for a good drive it’s the first time it’s happened had the car for about 8 months
Get a smart charger for when you're not using the car if you aren't parked on the street..

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yes I was wondering about this as I'm still on 07/2021.50 I would have thought not many would have had their vehicles updated to 07/2022.
But isn't 03/2022 only just being rolled out?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes I was wondering about this as I'm still on 07/2021.50 I would have thought not many would have had their vehicles updated to 07/2022.
But isn't 03/2022 only just being rolled out?
Yes since Remote Software Updates (OTA) are always one version behind what is available at the dealership service.
So while 03/2022 is being rolled out via Remote Software Update, 07/2022 is available at the dealership.
The 07/2022 version is being installed for those without Carplay/Android Auto that go to the dealership because they don't want to wait for the arrival of 03/2022 via OTA on their car.
I'm still in 07/2021.50 as well.

Isnt 07/2022 for iDrive 8?
BMW software updates are packages that contains updates for all ECUs and so they are not bound to a specific iDrive version

1 - 11 of 11 Posts