Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Apologies if this is a stupid question it where is the battery location on a bmw F44 or a constant 12v feed as I’m attempting to fit an amp and assumed the battery location was in boot/trunk
Any help out there please

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Simon
Unfortunately unless it’s an invisible battery it’s 100% not in the boot. I assumed that it was but it’s in the engine compartment near the conventional place for FwD cars but covered and not easy to get to which I’ve now seen thanks to a F40 post on our forum
Happy days trying to get a cable to it lol 🤔

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Hi Simon
Unfortunately unless it’s an invisible battery it’s 100% not in the boot. I assumed that it was but it’s in the engine compartment near the conventional place for FwD cars but covered and not easy to get to which I’ve now seen thanks to a F40 post on our forum
Happy days trying to get a cable to it lol 🤔
Well I'll be buggered, you will need to feed your amp off a fuse box, connecting directly to the battery is not a good idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
I believe you can come off the battery but obviously with a inline fuse protector if anything goes wrong. I think it’s fairly standard but of course the BMW’s don’t appear as standard as others 😵‍💫

1 - 8 of 8 Posts