Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my caliper freed off it's great not to be spending over £60 a week on fuel anymore ! Previously 31mpg from a 123d !!! Now 49mpg happy days ! I hated the car a few weeks ago and wanted rid for obvious reasons.

Fell in love again now and enjoying the power and again just for confirm the MPG !!

· Registered
578 Posts
Try a stage 1 map if you haven't already to unlock the potential from the engine, mpg shouldnt be effected unless you go mad.

Then you'll really love it.

· Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RMB123d said:
Try a stage 1 map if you haven't already to unlock the potential from the engine, mpg shouldnt be effected unless you go mad.

Then you'll really love it.
Can't wait to get it remapped but I'veonly had it since September and still enjoying the power. I need to keep it for 2 years so I'm going to wait until the end of this summer when I get bored of the power. Then effectively have a year standard and a year mapped. It must be pretty brutal mid range when mapped !

· Registered
578 Posts
Night and day difference, more power and torque everywhere.

I lost mine after a fault code (BMW flashed the ecu) and I had to get it put back on.

It felt terrible going back to standard. Don't wait, do it!

· Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RMB123d said:
Night and day difference, more power and torque everywhere.

I lost mine after a fault code (BMW flashed the ecu) and I had to get it put back on.

It felt terrible going back to standard. Don't wait, do it!
I can imagine the difference very exciting to imagine as well lol !
The danger is if I get bored of the power when mapped I'll have to get rid and I can't before I've had it two years !!

Guess it keeps me interested, I look at the new 125d which has like 221 hp and 330ft lbs and does 0-60 in 6.3 and over 150 and think flip me at 250-260 bhp and 350ft lbs it must go like hell fire !

· Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
R88ory said:
A stage two 123d is lots of fun... OK 1st and 2nd are over very quickly but 3-4-5 pull like a train.

R88
Not really seen much figures wise for a stage 2 map presume that includes panel filter, exhaust and intercooler ?

I'll be honest it's not too bad standard, much better than I thought anyway but I know once mapped it'll really come alive

· Registered
237 Posts
TALBOTL said:
R88ory said:
A stage two 123d is lots of fun... OK 1st and 2nd are over very quickly but 3-4-5 pull like a train.

R88
Not really seen much figures wise for a stage 2 map presume that includes panel filter, exhaust and intercooler ?

I'll be honest it's not too bad standard, much better than I thought anyway but I know once mapped it'll really come alive
270-285 is what your looking at if you go full stage 2 from EcoTune, that's intercooler, downpipe, Iflash and fuel metering solenoid.

Id say if you took it to Stan he would get the max out of your particular car, I'm sure the mapping in the Iflash is set on the safe side of things but considering I fitted the whole lot on my drive, on my own.. It fly's!!! Driven carefully I can get 43-45 on a run, my average is in the mid thirties though lol.

If you want more its fuel pump/regulator mods and another map.

· Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
R88ory said:
TALBOTL said:
R88ory said:

R88

270-285 is what your looking at if you go full stage 2 from EcoTune, that's intercooler, downpipe, Iflash and fuel metering solenoid.

Id say if you took it to Stan he would get the max out of your particular car, I'm sure the mapping in the Iflash is set on the safe side of things but considering I fitted the whole lot on my drive, on my own.. It fly's!!! Driven carefully I can get 43-45 on a run, my average is in the mid thirties though lol.

Wow yes bet that shifts to say the least, torque must be well up there as well !

The money that would cost however is more than I want to spend lol, I got the car specifically to save money so the max I'm doing is an eco based map in the hoping of grabbing 4-6mpg ish on my daily driving. Certainly be good fun to have a go in (provided the roads are dry) !

· Registered
237 Posts
TALBOTL said:
R88ory said:
TALBOTL said:

Wow yes bet that shifts to say the least, torque must be well up there as well !

The money that would cost however is more than I want to spend lol, I got the car specifically to save money so the max I'm doing is an eco based map in the hoping of grabbing 4-6mpg ish on my daily driving. Certainly be good fun to have a go in (provided the roads are dry) !
400lbf is what they quote, yeh its good fun, on a/b roads its awesome so much pace between corners, you need decent brakes...

In the wet you have to be careful or the traction light is constantly working overtime... In The dry you can turn the DTC off to the fist stage of "fun" and its really good, I do have front and rear M3 ARB's fitted, which do reduce traction in low gear corners, off of roundabouts in second can be a little frustrating if its damp, but the balance and composure at speed is well worth it, massive difference over stock, I find with DTC on the first stage in the dry it allows a little slip and throttle steer without just spinning up and then cutting all power..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.