Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever had that nauseous feeling that you did something very stupid that damaged your car?? I had that yesterday...

I always used the BMW leather cleaning kit that I got 2 years ago from my dealer. I used it on my E60 leather last weekend untill I could squeeze out the last drop on the care cream.
Gave the dealer a call to order a new set to discover it is discontinued. They do have another set but I didn't like the foam cleaner it comes with.
One of the plusses of the BMW set is that the leather is cleaned and nurished very well but doesn't look shiny at all. After applying it, it just looks like new leather :)

Decided to go for the Autoglym Leather Cleaner and Leather Care Cream. I've had very good results with other Autoglym products and it is my favourite brand.

Ordered on monday. Delivered on wednesday.

Yesterday I used the autoglym leather cleaner for the leather in my wifes 116i following the instructions on the rear of the bottle. I decided to only use it on the front seats to see if there was difference in looks. After cleaning it thoroughly I waited 45 minutes and used the Leather Care cream. The 1 series leather (especially in the center section) is a little rough and I directly noticed care cream clogging up in this section. After applying and waiting for 2 minutes I buffed it out with a clean cloth.

At first it looked very nice. But when I started comparing the front seats and the rear seats the fronts really looked shiny (this was the moment I started feeling nauseous). It looked like cr*p and I really really didn't like it at all..

Decided to leave it there and buy the BMW leather care set the next day to clean this mess up.. Aaargghh. and I ordered 2 bottles cleaner and 2 bottles cream..

The next morning I went in the garage to see if it improved a little bit.. Overnight the care cream was sucked in by the leather and it was looking like new again. Not shiny at all and very nurished.. What a relief....

I was used to the BMW stuff that entered the leather right away and didn't look shiny at all. Autoglym care cream just takes a little more time to draw into the leather (give it a night :D ).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same experience with the AutoGlym leather care cream. IMO the BMW product is _much_ better. The effect of BMWs Leder Lotion sits for much longer than the Leather Care Cream - I applied BMWs Leder Lotion to the driver's seat of our E60, and AutoGlym to the passenger seat. The driver's seat maintained a water repellant surface for much longer than the passenger seat - even though it was used probably twice as much as the passenger seat.

The BMW product is easier to appy - and as you say - it's absorbed much quicker.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wich one did you have paasan? The brown box with the 2 little bottles a sponge and a small cloth??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you talking about the BMW Leder Lotion?
Mine was in a box with a green-ish motive, a white bottle with green-ish motive, three sponges and a pair of LDPE gloves. I didn't get the original cleaning foam.

The AutoGlym product I bought without any "accessories".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.