Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Alpine White F44.
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the new F44 yesterday at 5pm. So far I’m impressed. Build quality and cabin comfort is excellent and the ride and suspension is very compliant. The technology is on another level but I need to explore this more. But why have they changed from USB A to USB C in the centre armrest ? It came shod with Goodyear F1’s to my delight.
Ive only driven it 60 miles so I will give some more feedback and post some photos up shortly.
I drove it away on BMW’s insurance so contacted mine this morning to amend my policy. Shock/horror. £211 a year. Think I can cope with that.

·
Registered
Alpine White F44.
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only thing I’m disappointed with is one functionality of the idrive 7. It has very limited control with my iPod. Shows the track playing, next and previous, but that’s it. Haven’t tried it with my iPhone yet but that could have better control.
Other than that I can’t find fault with the car. One of my neighbours come over to have a look at it this morning. After half an hour he went away to price one up. Loved it.

·
Super Moderator
347 Posts
He had a 330 but then bought a RAV4 Hybrid. Biggest regret of his life. Drives his daughters Ford Ka more 🤣
Don't blame him - the hybrid system on a Toyota, combined with the CVT gearbox, makes the car sound like nothing more than a washing machine, in fact I dare say that a washing machine moves faster. :lol2:

Reactions: Brexon

·
Registered
Alpine White F44.
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need help 🥹

Activated CarPlay. Brings maps up and the music libraries but it won’t let me make hands free calls. I have to switch back to idrive as the default to do so.
Where am I going wrong 😑

·
Registered
BMW 220d M Sport
1,703 Posts
. But why have they changed from USB A to USB C in the centre armrest ? .
USB C is going to be the new standard across all mobiles

·
Super Moderator
347 Posts
I need help 🥹

Activated CarPlay. Brings maps up and the music libraries but it won’t let me make hands free calls. I have to switch back to idrive as the default to do so.
Where am I going wrong 😑
When you say it doesn't let you, what happens? Are you on the latest version of iOS and iDrive?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't blame him - the hybrid system on a Toyota, combined with the CVT gearbox, makes the car sound like nothing more than a washing machine, in fact I dare say that a washing machine moves faster. :lol2:
I drove one, and first reaction was "electric blender with a handful of gravel". It's harsh, and the CVT revs so high to get you going. A modern marvel of efficiency no doubt, but better off getting an all-electric version.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts