Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
I know this is an old thread but can I ask how much you paid for 2 rear 8.5" wheels?

Any rubbing issues using the wider tyres and has 235 fronts affected turn in?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
where do you get these am i right in thinking they are 7.5 j on the front and 8j on the back on mine and dont the wider fronts have a habbit of sniffing out all the ruts in the road my 225s follow ruts alot more that the 205's

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
8" on the back if they are pre facelift mid '07 and 8.5" post FL with 245 tyres

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
im confused lol i only had them of the other week i remember seeing 7.5 i think they were the fronts i think the rears are 8's dont think i need any wider. what width are you new ones sideways?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i was toying with going for some wider tyres on the back because 225's always seemed a little narrow to me on a 265bhp rwd hatch but as you say i've never actually had any issues with lack of traction (except for the odd hair raising excitment that the rtf's brought to the party.) also would i be right in saying that in wet conditions narrower tyres are better due to them cutting through the water. i think i'm going to stick with my 225 40s nice common size which makes them cheaper

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i do like the stretched look i like the tuned vw's with 16" super deep dish wheels and tyres from a cub 90 :D

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
BeemerBoy said:
Well i've got a facelift 120D and i've got 7.5 front and 8 rears, should i go back and cause a fuss!?!?
I thought it was at the time of facelift when they came with 215 on 7.5" front and 245 on 8.5" rears but it may have been possible this was introduced a few months after face lift??? All I know is some members on here, who have f/l cars, have said that they have 208's with new sizes.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BeemerBoy said:
interesting, maybe i've been swindled out of bigger wheels!? :evil:
Is it just the 130 that has the wider ones? Only guessing.

No rubbing issues with 255 and 235. Wouldn't like to say whether they turn in better, too much water under the bridge since I did it.

I'm not a fan of the stretched look, I like tyres to hit the kerb before wheels. Narrow tyres work in snow but I'm not convinced about rain, as long as you have tread left of course.

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Blingo, can I ask how much you paid for the 2 x 8.5" rear wheels? Just weighing up my options as a front wheel is kerbed so it's a question of doing what you did to get wider tyres on or get a refurb on front and getting less wider non RFT's

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.