Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked the car up so late in the afternoon I only got one chance to take a picture and I'm afraid it was taken with my phone. But the quality isn't too bad. Oh it's a 123D by the way.

[/img]

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Toonman said:
Very nice indeed Amanda! Enjoy... :)
thanks. Do you rekon I could pull Alan Shearer in it??

Oh one good thing is I found after doing a search on here that my SPV 3100 would synch fully with the Pro Sat Nav, even though the Dealers and BMW didn't think it would. it works brilliantly. I only wish the USB reader would read more file types from my flash cards, perhaps this will happen with a software update sometime in the near futre?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jdcampbell said:
Good quality picture from a phone - what phone is it that you are using? Is it the SPV3100?
Good guess. I think the phone normally makes the colours look a little too desaturated, but it worked fine on a cold afternoon, with a neutrally coloured car. One great bit of news for me is the phone syncs brilliantly with the Pro Sat Nav, so it imports the entire directory. Although I haven't had time to read the instruction book yet (covered 700 miles so far) I haven't figured out how to dial using the telematics. I can get as far as the A-Z or Top 8 etc, but can't dial from that directory using voice only. Will read the book when I get a chance and see if it can be done.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
torus said:
Very nice, SE looks great in silver. I'm awaiting delivery of a 118D M-sport in met black, but looking at this one is making me wonder if i've been talked into getting the wrong car. When I started looking at a 1er it was going to be an SE on 16"s with non sport suspension, then over time ended up as an M-Sport on 18"s.
Is that a chrome line around the windows? I've spec'd this as well. Don't see many M-Sports with it, kind of like to be a little different, think that it shows the 3 door shape up well.
Suprised BMW don't fit the chrome grill on the 123D, think that it deserves it myself.
Looks like non M-Sport suspension as well. What other options did you decide on?
The car is an SE without the M spec suspension as I felt it was tooo firm to live with (I drive 20-30K miles a year) It gets the Chrome surround as standard, so I spec'd the privacy glass to help make it stand out against a light silver body. I quite liked the Patagonia Green (or what ever it was called) but wimped out on the resale front, as it may not be to everyones taste.

I got a bit of a Christmas tree spec on it, so if I can find the order form I'll write it up. But the main things are the Pro Sat Nav with Telematics, Comfort Pack. Sport seats, Xenons, Heated Seats, Privacy & tinted strip glass, USB input (works brilliantly with my ipod, meaning I don't even have to use the 3.5mm jack as I thought I would). There were a few little bits and bobs I ordered too.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah ha, I've found my list.........

1) Comfort Package (Auto dim mirror, rain sensors + Auto Lights, Arm rest thingy, Park control, Storage compartment……..yer right about the size of a matchbox)
2) Star Spoke Style 142 7 + 7.5 J wheels (17")
3) Model inscription deletion
4) Chromeline exterior trim (standard I think)
5) Windscreen sun strip
6) Privacy glass
7) Floor mats
8)Sports seats
(9) Seat heaters
10) Cashmire interior trim
11) (greyish plastic bits)
12) Bi Xenons +Headlamp washers
13) Cruise controll
14) Professional Sat Nav + iDrive (2nd generation)
15) BMW Connect Drive Assist (6 months subscription) + Online
16) Telematics
17) Bluetooth phone prep (I think this comes with telematics, but can't remember now)s
18) Hi-Fi speaker system
19) CD Preparation (no CD stacker included…..suprised?)
20) USB/ipod interface
21) Engine (standard)
22) Doors (standard)
23) Driver (optional)
24) Lobotomy (recommended extra

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JezyG said:
That's quite a spec and an interesting choice of interior trim, how does it look for real as oppsed to a brochure pic?
the trim has very a slight touch of a light fawn (at least to my eyes) which I think lifts the interior slightly. I didn't spec leather as it's not practical for my job, but I do regret not spec'ing half leather. But there again you have to draw the line somewhere.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cashmere is just a variation of silver really. it looks slightly darker than the Standard trim (Titanium?) but in isolation probably would just look like a darker silver to the casual glance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.