Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I was installing a Pipercross filter yesterday and was wondering where the fresh air intake is located. After following the intake, I found that it gets its air at the front left, next to the radiator.

However, it seems like that my air intake is blocked off by a plastic cover, does someone know why? Should I remove/replace it?

F20 118i 1.5 2018
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Some F20s have a grill covering it, allowing air to enter the intake more easily.
Someone told me that it's only a thing on pre-facelifts.
Grille Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can remove the cover if you want to get a bit more air to the airbox intake.

The bottom picture is of a warm climate air intake. You can buy this for around £30-40.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just took mine off yesterday with the install of my Eventuri.

Attachments

Reactions: max0k

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can remove the cover if you want to get a bit more air to the airbox intake.

The bottom picture is of a warm climate air intake. You can buy this for around £30-40.
Ahh, okay. Thanks.

But where does the car get its air from when that intake is closed?

And if I decide to remove it should I add the grill for safety reasons or is that not necessary?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Behind the bumper. The snorkel from the air box goes forward then stops.

I don’t think the grill is really needed. Even with the warm climate mod that connects that hole to the air box intake it’s not really needed. Just check the air box occasionally for the odd leave etc…

1 - 5 of 5 Posts