Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
All of the relays are located within the fuse box but, like you, I've not been able to find a reference to an air con compressor/clutch relay. If your aircon isn't working due to low gas pressure, the system will disable the compressor in any case to avoid damage. I'm not sure what problem you are experiencing but if it is aircon related then INPA or ISTA+ will definitely help determine the cause.

·
Registered
118 Posts
latest bmw aircon compressors may do not have clutch but have valve inside, so compressor is driven but pressure is not increasing
usually such functions controlled from JBE module

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All of the relays are located within the fuse box but, like you, I've not been able to find a reference to an air con compressor/clutch relay. If your aircon isn't working due to low gas pressure, the system will disable the compressor in any case to avoid damage. I'm not sure what problem you are experiencing but if it is aircon related then INPA or ISTA+ will definitely help determine the cause.
The compressor is not cutting in , I wanted to check it is not an electrical issue before I pay for a regas. I will check the under the glovebox and see if I can locate the relay.. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If it helps, I've had the same symptoms on my F10, my wife's Corsa and my daughter's Astra - on each occasion the compressor was not kicking in. The fuses were OK. On my F10 re-gassing in 2019 cured the problem and I've had no issues since. On the Astra I checked the AC condenser and could see it was rotten so replaced and re-gassed (2019). No issues since. On the Corsa I couldn't see any major damage to the condenser but I did see some oil staining in one area so changed it (2022) and re-gassed which cured it. You can currently get a Groupon voucher for about £37.99 for re-gassing from ATS Euromaster who I used for my most recent re-gasses and, bearing in mind that they don't provide any form of diagnosis, the service was effective. So it turned out that, in each case, the compressor was not kicking in because of the safety cut-out initiated by the pressure sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts