Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone fitted aero flicks without drilling? I don’t want to drill into the bumper and I’m sure if the much larger m performance rear spoiler is only held on by adhesive that the flicks would be fine to be held on the same way? Im aware they have bits that slot in the drill holes attached but I’m sure these could easily be sawn off.

Also is it possible to remove attachments that are bonded on using 2k adhesive down the line if they are not desired when selling the car? Is it easy enough to fit a spoiler on your own rather than dealer and would adhesive or tape be safer? Don’t fancy it flying off on the motorway!

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fitted the m performance spoiler the other week. I did have a garage place it for me because I don't trust myself. I bought the 2k glue from BMW you only need 1 bottle but you will use all of it and that costs £55. Once it's placed you need to put a weight on top for as long as possible (I left it for two hours). I then used a lot of masking tape to hold it in place and slowly drove home. I Then covered the spoiler in black bin bags. The spoiler needs to stay dry for 6-12 hours (longer the better). I got it fitted at 5pm and at 9am the next day drove 2 hours on the motorway at somewhat high speed ;) and the spoiler was fine. From speaking to the person who fitted the spoiler he said the 2k glue would also be used for the aeroflicks/cannards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts