Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the M240 isn’t about mpg but with current fuel costs etc, I just had to post this…….

I left Epsom in Surrey at 8pm and arrived in Exmouth in Devon just past 11pm.

it was originally a 170 mile journey but after a diversion on the a303 it became a 175 mile journey.

I was obviously in Eco Pro mode the whole journey, feathering the throttle as much as possible, I didn’t use cruise control once.

I let the eco mode roll the car when necessary, it rolls and rolls and sometimes you catch the car up in front when doing so.

the highest I saw was 48.0mpg, the last 5 mile it was literally between 47.0 and 47.1.

I set out to get 45mpg and easily surpassed it.

I wasn’t going slow, in fact I found 65mph better then 55mph, the highest I hit was about 77mph down a long hill, it would of easily hit 80mph but I had to brake.

If it makes any difference my M240 is an early 2018, pre opf, it also has a litchfield stage 1 remap producing 435bhp

it’s clearly a zf auto, the 7th and 8th gears is where this car is phenomenal when attempting good mpg.

I was thinking whilst driving, is there any other cars out there what can hit 60mph in about 4, 100mph in about 9 and return 47mpg ?

I don’t think there is

·
Registered
503 Posts
I quite agree with you Jessi. I have a reached those figures too (44-47 mpg). It was on continuous drive from Cheshire to Croydon on motorways. The B58 combined with the ZF8 speed is quite amazing really given the power it can unleash. On the flip side driving in towns with stop start traffic brings 19-23mpg. Those are the conditions which show up its limitations. Had mine nearly six years from new and still love it. Longest I've ever owned a car.

BTW - what's the Litchfield map like? Can you get 'all' the power down?

·
Registered
2018 M240i
123 Posts
Vehicle Automotive mirror Font Bumper Gadget

This is the best I've managed. Not much fun, but I had a lot of time to kill!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts