Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bad are 240i shocks performance wise will I see decent benefits from b8s

Parts I have ready to fit
MMR springs
M4 lower arms
Black tension are adjustable bushes to fit in my stock arms
Yellow rear subframe inserts

Any suspension recommendations welcome
( goal- improve the handling but not make it a track car )

·
Registered
126 Posts
Being completely honest, I have the adaptive shocks on my 240 and I think they're decent enough. Combined with a 19" rim and some wider tyres it puts the power down lovely and since fitting the LSD it's really improved the cornering stability.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I wouldn't fancy the adaptive setup on 19" wheels personally, but it works just fine on the std 18" rims. Supple and compliant in Comfort and stiffens up noticeably in Sport. I suspect the passive setup which is I believe somewhere in between is just fine too. I think the necessity to change shocks and springs is way less on the coupe, unless you do indeed want to go racing regularly.

Note the coupe rides very differently from the hatch, just thought I'd mention for those whose fillings fall out in their M140is

Reactions: cbr600ant

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I wouldn't fancy the adaptive setup on 19" wheels personally, but it works just fine on the std 18" rims. Supple and compliant in Comfort and stiffens up noticeably in Sport. I suspect the passive setup which is I believe somewhere in between is just fine too. I think the necessity to change shocks and springs is way less on the coupe, unless you do indeed want to go racing regularly.

Note the coupe rides very differently from the hatch, just thought I'd mention for those whose fillings fall out in their M140is
Not sure what a standard 140i is like as I bought mine with the Birds B1 and Quaife already fitted but all I know is it just soaks up everything in its stride and is so smooth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts