Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I hope someone can answer

Basically got 2005 120d, I parked it up and went on holiday for 3 weeks... When I came back first thing I did I tried to clean dust off my windscreen and it didn't work....

I can't hear the pump operating, so I know that the pump doesn't kick in.. But it also doesn't wipe. Usually when the pump is gone it if I'm correct of course I believe that it would try to wipe anyway, because it would think that it's spraying, but it doesn't, so I thought Fuse is blown, I checked the fuse box in the glow apartment it stated 3 fuses I don't remember correctly but I think 59 , 63 and some other, I double checked them and they were fine, my next thought was maybe relay is playing up or something and I switched it from the rear wipers because they seemed to be identical, but that also didn't work...

Just to mention that wipers are actually working on all 3 speeds. But it doesn't operate when I'm trying to spray windscreen cleaner, and the pump doesn't work.. what could be the culprit?

Sent from my CPH2399 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
The pump that's located in the side of the washer reservoir can fail. It did on my e90. Another common problem is a blocked filter - also in the washer reservoir which is difficult to clear without removing it. Of course the pump would continue to operate with the blocked strainer.

You can check location and part numbers here: RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

You can buy replacement pumps from a number of sources at low prices - £10 or so. I believe the part number is 67127302589.

I would however have expected the wipers to attempt to operate, regardless of the condition of the pump and filter but you appear to have checked the obvious electrical failure sources e.g. fuses and relays.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pump that's located in the side of the washer reservoir can fail. It did on my e90. Another common problem is a blocked filter - also in the washer reservoir which is difficult to clear without removing it. Of course the pump would continue to operate with the blocked strainer.

You can check location and part numbers here: RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

You can buy replacement pumps from a number of sources at low prices - £10 or so. I believe the part number is 67127302589.

I would however have expected the wipers to attempt to operate, regardless of the condition of the pump and filter but you appear to have checked the obvious electrical failure sources e.g. fuses and relays.
Thank you for your reply, I do expect wipers to work without the pump when I'm operating them too, could that mean that the switch is faulty on one of the pins/wires? I have no wiring diagrams to see and not so much experience but I am thinking to disconnect switch from wiper motor and check all of the pins to find, maybe that would lead me to the fault, no idea actually what to do lol.. sorry for broken English

Sent from my CPH2399 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
There's no issue with your English. The best I can do is recommend that you get hold of ISTA+. This contains all of the material you would need in order to diagnose and fix the fault including identifying any fault codes, proposing a fix plan as well as interactive supporting documentation such as wiring diagrams etc. I've attached an example diagram printed to PDF but this does not even hint at the interactive nature of the programme. You can find loads of info on ISTA+ on this forum but also the E90 Post forums. You'll need a laptop and a K+DCAN cable.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts