Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I’m changing from 18’s to 19’s F40 M135i do you need to update anything , I heard you’ve to update software, do you really of just update idrive or is it a load of rubbish.
I’ve changed wheel sizes before on B,M,W.s before with no updates or issues.

·
Super Moderator
347 Posts
Just ensure you reset the tyre pressure monitor after the fitment of your new wheels (and having a play around with your desired pressures of course) and you'll be good to go.

Reactions: T8COH

·
Registered
335 Posts
So if I’m changing from 18’s to 19’s F40 M135i do you need to update anything , I heard you’ve to update software, do you really of just update idrive or is it a load of rubbish.
I’ve changed wheel sizes before on B,M,W.s before with no updates or issues.
I’m looking to change down from 19s to 18s! Looking for a better ride quality and don’t think the 18s look too bad! Regret not getting adaptive suspension too

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I lowered the car and think it looks pretty bad with 18’s hence going for Motech 19’s with Michelins P4’s . Hopefully look a bit better on the 19’s . Find out tomorrow 😂
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Blue

·
Registered
335 Posts
I actually think that looks alright! My main gripe with the 18s, and why I went 19s initially was that they look much skinnier from the back which just makes the car look less muscular/purposeful on the road.

Which front lip and side skirts have you got there? Maxton V1 front and 3/5 side?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went for V1 front , V3 side and rear diffuser with Genuine spoiler . Eibach 30F 25R springs . Drives quite nice see if the 19’s make a big difference to driving .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts