Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Car has been progressing along with modifications and livery. Can't wait to get some good on track shots for the upcoming events at Sonoma (Infineon), Watkins Glen and PIR (Phoenix)

Discuss here

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stuartc said:
The weight of that sunroof and the frame is in all the wrong places isn't it. Is it standard or what have done to the car apart from springs & dampers and brakes?
We were prepared to swap to a metal hardtop before BMW Club Racing said we couldn't. Car is pretty stock except for: roll cage and safety equipment (seat, fire system, harnesses), KW Varient suspension, custom fixed camber plates, Dinan stage 2 software, Hawk HT-10 brake pads, BBS wheels and Nitto NT01 tires.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alan_M said:
From those pics, I guess your up against M3's more or less. How does the 135 hold up against them?
Much like an endurance race, all of the classes of BMW Club Racing are on the track at the same time. Since our car is a stock class car, we are among the slower classes. Here we are being chased by a J-Prepared car (modified 2.8L e36) that is a faster car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alan_M said:
From those pics, I guess your up against M3's more or less. How does the 135 hold up against them?
I may not have answered your question very well the first time. You are correct. When we are pursuing track records or going up against a car in class, it is usually against a 1995 M3 ltw (US version with 240 stock hp) or 1996-1999 M3s that have dropped weight and done the rear diff. ratio change.

Here we are recently on the oval (going into NASCAR turn 1) at California Speedway
Other pictures are here:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After some racing action, it's always good to wind down a little with a fun public appearance. Here it is at SPOCOM 2009 at the Long Beach Convention Center (which is inside the coarse and gets used a garage area for Speed World Challenge race teams during the Long Beach Grand Prix event)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mrlee.no said:
Me likes the yellow tinted headlights. Makes it look like an evil cat or something :D
Hehe, I did it with our e46 M3 first, which copied the look of the US factory Team (Team PTG) e46 M3 GTRs that ran in ALMS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
m6569 said:
I saw a VERY similar looking car on i15 (LA - Vegas) on 2nd Nov and thought it looked stunning - maybe you've got a copy-cat on the paint job!!
Hehe, that was actually us on the way to Vegas for SEMA week. :)

The car is still street legal and driven to most races and shows.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
m6569 said:
I saw a VERY similar looking car on i15 (LA - Vegas) on 2nd Nov and thought it looked stunning - maybe you've got a copy-cat on the paint job!!
Here is the car as it was in the AAPEX hall during SEMA week

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking low, must have been carrying some speed on that inclined corner
Yeah, that is Turn 1 at California Speedway, a NASCAR D-Oval track and the car really gets loaded in that corner, but Turn 2 is where it gets hard to keep it low on the track, as to the car, it continues to be a decreasing radius corner.

Here it was in April trying out the new Chuckwalla (name of a local lizard) Valley Raceway about an hour east of Palm Springs, Ca.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
clarkden said:
hi scottn2retro,

the car is looking awesome dude , nice choice u have.

regards,
Clark den
Thanks - it's been a pretty fun car to campaign. And they are going to make some rules changes for 2011 that will allow the car to be even faster.

Here is a shot at SPOCOM 2010 (the car is back there somewhere)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.