Baby BMW Forum banner
141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 128ti
39 Posts
Can’t believe the delays on the 128ti I was really lucky from order to collect 3 months, but it does explain the ridiculous price I just sold mine to a dealer for, I couldn’t sign the paperwork quick enough, made a nice profit and just seen it for sale on the forecourt at £36,500 with 12,000 miles on it, absolutely crazy price, with the discount I got and options thrown in it was a no brainer, great car but never worth nearly £37k at a year old

·
Registered
21 Posts
Checked today and car still scheduled for build wc 25th july..so its been at this for a month now..looking at delivery sept..is anyone else ordered 128 last year being given a july build date..curious to see if they are pushing a block through..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Checked today and car still scheduled for build wc 25th july..so its been at this for a month now..looking at delivery sept..is anyone else ordered 128 last year being given a july build date..curious to see if they are pushing a block through..
Ours is a week after, from 1st August, it's been sat at that for months. Still status 111.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ours is a week after, from 1st August, it's been sat at that for months. Still status 111.
mine is currently on build week 8th August. Its been on this build week for approx 3 weeks now, no faith at all that it will go ahead as been wating since March 2021! To be honest the main reason i have not cancelled is out of spite, i wont give Arnold Clark/BMW the satisfaction of cancelling the order. Either they cancel the order or they build the 128 are the only options.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been reading your ordeal, mar 21 is unreal. I think mine is bad enough with current estimate of order to delivery 11months..and i understand how you must feel..surely AC must be able to honour something when bmw website state they are committed to filling existing orders..some customers of AC who ordered after you must have received their lease car..its nit your fault they gave a good offer, time to honour it .

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've been reading your ordeal, mar 21 is unreal. I think mine is bad enough with current estimate of order to delivery 11months..and i understand how you must feel..surely AC must be able to honour something when bmw website state they are committed to filling existing orders..some customers of AC who ordered after you must have received their lease car..its nit your fault they gave a good offer, time to honour it .
i have had several heated discussions with the sales manager at Harry Fairbairn. Basically he said that BMW are like a dictatorship and he cannot even question the UK planning team on my particular order. My order is the oldest on Harry Fairbairn's books by 2 months. Apparently all 128ti Arnold Clark lease orders from May 2021 onwards are now at least built.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have had several heated discussions with the sales manager at Harry Fairbairn. Basically he said that BMW are like a dictatorship and he cannot even question the UK planning team on my particular order. My order is the oldest on Harry Fairbairn's books by 2 months. Apparently all 128ti Arnold Clark lease orders from May 2021 onwards are now at least built.
My 128ti AC order was early May 2021 and due to be built (apparently) 1 August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
My 128ti AC order was early May 2021 and due to be built (apparently) 1 August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just another lie I have been spun by Harry Fairbairn then... Lost count now
beggers belief how an order from march is not built before orders from June. Bog standard spec so not asking much!!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Those due for build end July/early August. Is the current status 111?

·
Registered
21 Posts
just another lie I have been spun by Harry Fairbairn then... Lost count now
beggers belief how an order from march is not built before orders from June. Bog standard spec so not asking much!!!!!
Take it trading standards, ask for advice along with this..sounds to me it is your lease company giving you run around .especially if they are supplying later orders .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Harry Fairbairn now saying
Production week 32.
Exp delivery week 43.

Surely thats not correct. Has anyone else waited that long (11 weeks) between production and delivery?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know some seem to have waited a while from production to delivery, but 11 weeks seems crazy!

Are you status 111?

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to forum as jumping from the VAG ship of 2 x Audi Quattro previous to the last 3 cars, which have been Golf GTI (63) Golf R (66) and GTI TCR (69)

These are company lease and in a normal world would maybe have been tempted to keep the TCR as absolutely love it, but at present prices its a little too steep, so it was onto the next lease, and there were two factors that made me step away from the MK 8 Clubsport or R and that's the reduced quality, touchless and buggy interior plus the jump in price, to end up with car would wish, its a bunch of options, and you into mid £40,000 very quickly.

Looked at both the 135i and the 128Ti and having found the TCR much more engaging than the R, decided wanted to keep to same formula, and the final decider was price, which was £3000 cheaper than lease cost of the TCR in 2019.

Have always kept to the signature where can on cars, so the R was Lapiz Blue and the TCR was Pure Grey and stayed with the Alpine White, with the red trim, for the 128Ti, and for first time ever, kept to the 18" wheels as signature with the performance tyres option ticked.

Found the 128Ti standard specification so well aimed at me, pretty much most of the options that were cost, were not something really hankered for, IE: The comfort option, where presently spend most of my time with TCR disabling KESSY as park it, and so fob entry and start button is exactly what want.

So, only options were, Electric Lumbar, Split Folding Seats, Sun Protection Glass, Park Assist (mainly for camera) and Heated Steering Wheel (as was told by many its one of those options you never thought love, but will)

Intend to add a Maxton lip spoiler, and a boot liner, and that's it.

Having been in 2013 designed VW Golf cabins for 9 years, must admit to looking forward to being inside the BMW cabin, its hugely lifted (IMO) from the Golfs, and the tech and manipulation with plenty of switches and dials seems excellent. Have selected the Boston Trim and must say the ambient lighting, even if its not what you select a car for, creates for a great cabin when light fades (test drove in February)

Test drive is nothing like living with a car, but felt as lively as my TCR, and though does not have the DCC used to, the standard suspension of the 128Ti seemed pretty comparable to driving around in the Sport Setting which do predominantly.

Never had a BMW before, always been VAG, and must admit really looking forward to the switch and maybe timing is good given this is BMW first car that aims itself at cars really enjoyed for an extended time now.

Onto the reason for this thread, ordered in early March, and so far its still apparently on schedule for the October changeover, which will believe when see,

Be great if changeover happens on time, but quite relaxed about it, as been used to delays, etc, over the years, and will be driving around in something decent till it shows its face, but will add progress of my order to this thread.

For those interested, will do a comparison review to the MK 7.5 GTI TCR, which was the best that car was as an evolutionary run out model,

Reactions: pstephenson

·
Registered
54 Posts
i cannot keep up with the amount of changes on the build week. I admit this is very sad but I check with BMW genuis daily, friday just gone the build week was 32 (week commence 08th August). Just checked this morning and now its build week 30 (week commence 25th july).

might be a good idea anyone waiting on the 128ti since last year to check their build week. Mine has changed at least 8 times now and all but one of the changes have taken place over the weekend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Checked, mine is still showing status 111 build week commencing 25/7..hopefully a batch of 128's going through that week.
Still looking at sept delivery.

141 - 160 of 162 Posts