Baby BMW Forum banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Marshy said:
Pretty sure the V5 now doesn't show the previous owners details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a pity, I never realised that as my last few cars have been new when I bought them. I bought a Mondeo Ghia X years ago and there was a CD autochanger missing from under the passenger seat and drill swarf on the floor which made me think it had been taken out so I contacted the previous owner who confirmed it was in the car when traded in so it had been removed while in the dealership. I had a right run in with the dealer (Supposedly reputable) to get it replaced with alternative plus the fact they slapped a years MOT on it with 2 broken front springs and shot front disks.

I've booked the 128 in to a local garage for next week to get laser alignment checked and they are going to give it a check over underneath for me. If all is ok I will really start to enjoy it, well once the snow goes!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
My M135i had an average of 27mpg over 2,500 miles, with a lower average speed as it was mostly urban, so my mpg was shocking. With new tyres at 4,000 miles and a low mpg I think we can safely say the previous owner made the most of what the car was capable of doing :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
GampsBM said:
Marshy said:
Pretty sure the V5 now doesn't show the previous owners details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a pity, I never realised that as my last few cars have been new when I bought them. I bought a Mondeo Ghia X years ago and there was a CD autochanger missing from under the passenger seat and drill swarf on the floor which made me think it had been taken out so I contacted the previous owner who confirmed it was in the car when traded in so it had been removed while in the dealership. I had a right run in with the dealer (Supposedly reputable) to get it replaced with alternative plus the fact they slapped a years MOT on it with 2 broken front springs and shot front disks.

I've booked the 128 in to a local garage for next week to get laser alignment checked and they are going to give it a check over underneath for me. If all is ok I will really start to enjoy it, well once the snow goes!
Yeah it's a shame they no longer give previous owner details.

In your case I wouldn't worry too much just take the car as you find it.
If it drives ok and there's no vibration or noises then the chances are it's had a puncture or something and been unable to get a matching tyre so replaced the pair.
Don't let your mind work overtime in thinking the worst or it'll spoil your ownership.
Good idea to get the alignment checked but if that's ok I'd forget about it and enjoy your new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Marshy said:
GampsBM said:
Marshy said:
Pretty sure the V5 now doesn't show the previous owners details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a pity, I never realised that as my last few cars have been new when I bought them. I bought a Mondeo Ghia X years ago and there was a CD autochanger missing from under the passenger seat and drill swarf on the floor which made me think it had been taken out so I contacted the previous owner who confirmed it was in the car when traded in so it had been removed while in the dealership. I had a right run in with the dealer (Supposedly reputable) to get it replaced with alternative plus the fact they slapped a years MOT on it with 2 broken front springs and shot front disks.

I've booked the 128 in to a local garage for next week to get laser alignment checked and they are going to give it a check over underneath for me. If all is ok I will really start to enjoy it, well once the snow goes!
Yeah it's a shame they no longer give previous owner details.

In your case I wouldn't worry too much just take the car as you find it.
If it drives ok and there's no vibration or noises then the chances are it's had a puncture or something and been unable to get a matching tyre so replaced the pair.
Don't let your mind work overtime in thinking the worst or it'll spoil your ownership.
Good idea to get the alignment checked but if that's ok I'd forget about it and enjoy your new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that advice Marshy, and yes you're right about it being ok if no vibration etc. Once I get it checked at local garage and alignment checks out ok I'll breathe easy and enjoy the car. I can't think anyone would buy a brand new car and thrash it everywhere all the time from day one. At the end of the day they are built to be driven to match the performance and 2 years warranty gives peace of mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Supa Koopa said:
My M135i had an average of 27mpg over 2,500 miles, with a lower average speed as it was mostly urban, so my mpg was shocking. With new tyres at 4,000 miles and a low mpg I think we can safely say the previous owner made the most of what the car was capable of doing :D
That's what I was thinking but as I said the average speed was under 20 mph but I'm not sure how accurate this would be over 11-12 months and I suppose there could still be times where it was driven extremely fast but that doesn't concern me as my son had an AMG Merc that he used to take on track days and give it the beans but I know for a fact he looked after it well so would have no concerns buying it from him. It is a BMW Approved Used car so they are supposed to have carried out a 120 point check before selling it but I don't believe that for a minute. Also supposed to get an HPI report but never knew about it till I got home and checked their website. I did one myself and it came back clear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
New to this.I ordered 128ti october..have read a number of posts regarding delays and some suggestions 128ti is hard hit. Kept spec pretty standard, sapphire black, sun protection, split rear seat and performance tyres due to delays. Has anyone heard if hk will be back as an option.? Does anyone have any idea of current lead times, is it getting any better..?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
DJsapp128 said:
New to this.I ordered 128ti october..have read a number of posts regarding delays and some suggestions 128ti is hard hit. Kept spec pretty standard, sapphire black, sun protection, split rear seat and performance tyres due to delays. Has anyone heard if hk will be back as an option.? Does anyone have any idea of current lead times, is it getting any better..?
I ordered a 128ti in September (PCP) and Genius told me today that it is at status 112 (build scheduled) for February. Given what I've read on here though, I reckon it won't be built until March or April, so I'm expecting delivery would be April or May.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Yes mine is pcp Park Lane London so fingers crossed.I sold my 4 series october and currently using an old car which was a hell of a come down..so looking forward to getting something decent again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Finally found a forum where the 128ti's are mentioned...

Ordered a basic spec 128ti in June 21 (sun protection glass & performance tires) with the commitment of a September build/delivery slot. After spamming the BMW online chat for a confirmed build slot, it kept slipping week by week with no update from my dealer.

After a number of attempted phone calls, my dealer finally informed me that it would be an October delivery, not September which I didn't mind too much. A couple of weeks after The BMW online chat informed me my build slot had been delayed until Feb 22, genuinely thought this was in error!! I then spoke to my dealer who also confirmed this and wouldn't be in contact until time of delivery.

I'm still expecting a 7th Feb delivery but haven't heard from the dealer since October. Has anyone had anything confirmed/had any February deliveries delayed recently? My current PCP on my Fiesta ST is up in May and getting slightly twitchy with reading the further delays people are seeing until june 22 on the 128"s, it's certainly taken the excitement out of getting a new car! Not to mention how much my current daily rocketed in price late last year!!

I've also noticed the BMW live chat is no longer working, is there anywhere else I contact BMW direct to check build status?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Keep trying genius..i ordered october, similar spec to yourd, last week they gave me a build date w/c 11th April..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
I've been trying to find out what's going on with my 1/11/21 order for weeks. I'd emailed the dealer a few times and got no response, same with BMW UK.

So this morning I emailed Oliver Zipse, the BMW Group CEO in Germany. Within an hour, his complaints team had been in touch to say Leipzig production has restarted, but not at full chat. And they promised to talk to BMW UK. Within another hour, BMW UK confirmed that my order is in the queue with a "Scheduled" status and delivery currently slipped from start of April to end of July - but they warned it could still slip further. I got the impression that they are prioritising highest spec orders to maximise profits - so anything with no/few options will get bumped, even if (ironically) they are the ones that need the least number of chips.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Dean_M said:
I've been trying to find out what's going on with my 1/11/21 order for weeks. I'd emailed the dealer a few times and got no response, same with BMW UK.

So this morning I emailed Oliver Zipse, the BMW Group CEO in Germany. Within an hour, his complaints team had been in touch to say Leipzig production has restarted, but not at full chat. And they promised to talk to BMW UK. Within another hour, BMW UK confirmed that my order is in the queue with a "Scheduled" status and delivery currently slipped from start of April to end of July - but they warned it could still slip further. I got the impression that they are prioritising highest spec orders to maximise profits - so anything with no/few options will get bumped, even if (ironically) they are the ones that need the least number of chips.
Who is your dealer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Why wouldn't you want to say?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Dean_M said:
I've been trying to find out what's going on with my 1/11/21 order for weeks. I'd emailed the dealer a few times and got no response, same with BMW UK.

So this morning I emailed Oliver Zipse, the BMW Group CEO in Germany. Within an hour, his complaints team had been in touch to say Leipzig production has restarted, but not at full chat. And they promised to talk to BMW UK. Within another hour, BMW UK confirmed that my order is in the queue with a "Scheduled" status and delivery currently slipped from start of April to end of July - but they warned it could still slip further. I got the impression that they are prioritising highest spec orders to maximise profits - so anything with no/few options will get bumped, even if (ironically) they are the ones that need the least number of chips.
Something you said about the dealer not answering emails made me think of a theory (I'm being speculative but this is what occurred to me).

Maybe when you ordered in November they gave you the generic "six month wait"… but I wonder if in fact they might have actually run out of allocation for that quarter? This would have meant they didn't/couldn't place it with the factory when you ordered from the dealer. This might explain why they didn't respond to your communications.

Now that we are in a new quarter and/or BMW U.K. have gotten involved you're now being given a new six month wait, except that wait is from where we are now, rather than when you originally placed the order with the dealer.

Just a theory, but it's based on what's been said about Arnold Clark orders taken earlier in 2021.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Coconut4 said:
Something you said about the dealer not answering emails made me think of a theory (I'm being speculative but this is what occurred to me).
I've just spoken to the salesman at the dealer. Feel a bit guilty as he says he's been in hospital with COVID (don't think he was doing a Johnson either because he is still wheezing and sounds bloody awful). Still poor of the dealer for not reallocating his work, though. On the plus side, HK became available as an option again this morning so have tweaked my spec slightly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Morning all, I know it seems to be going around the houses but im curious to try and ascertain the extent and information on the delays for the 128ti only. M135 seems to have preference with the manufacturer but given I haven't ordered that im not interested in that information.

Could those with a 128ti on order please outline whats happening with you? When and who you ordered it with? Lease or dealer?

Much appreciated

Fyi I ordered mine 17th September

Alpine White/Red accents
Electronic lumbar
Sun protection glass
Park assist
Adaptive headlights
Berlin interior
Performance tyres
Ordered 8th December 2021 and given a delivery date of 31st March 2022. This was put back to mid May, then mid July but has now been confirmed to be on schedule for first week of August! That will be an 8 month wait, the longest I’ve ever waited for a new car! My only concern now is how much less they’ll want to give me for my trade in! If it’s too low I may pull out as the high value of my current car at point of order was my main reason for changing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Ordered 8th December 2021 and given a delivery date of 31st March 2022. This was put back to mid May, then mid July but has now been confirmed to be on schedule for first week of August! That will be an 8 month wait, the longest I’ve ever waited for a new car! My only concern now is how much less they’ll want to give me for my trade in! If it’s too low I may pull out as the high value of my current car at point of order was my main reason for changing!
i feel your pain. Just for some context though, i ordered my 128ti March 2021 and is due to be build August for September 2022 delivery. So that will be 18 months wait :)
 

·
Registered
F31 320i Black Shadow Touring
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hi guys, new to the site.
Ordered a 128ti last Saturday and was told to expect delivery in October, dealer was hoping register in Sept.

Sun prot, Harmon, S/R, lumbar, split seats, deletion, sports tyres in Black
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Hi guys, new to the site.
Ordered a 128ti last Saturday and was told to expect delivery in October, dealer was hoping register in Sept.

Sun prot, Harmon, S/R, lumbar, split seats, deletion, sports tyres in Black
Would be amazed if that’s true! Ordered my bog standard 128ti March 2021 and it’s not getting built until august. Huge delays on the 128ti am afraid
 
121 - 140 of 162 Posts
Top