Baby BMW Forum banner
441 - 460 of 505 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Week starting 5th Dec? (that's what mine is..........)

I've got to within 4 days previously so I'm not getting excited yet.
Yep, 5th Dec. And same as you, I was just a few days from the last build date before it dropped off last time.

· Registered
47 Posts
Genius conversation just now that always felt something would never see, but should be built and on its way soon

"The order has been scheduled by the factory and the build week is confirmed. Your new car will be progressing into production soon and will start to take shape with all your chosen features and finishes.

The build of your car is scheduled to start in the week commencing 7th November 2022. This has been confirmed.

The Expected Delivery Date is in the week commencing 28th November 2022. Please be aware this could be subject to change once the car has left the factory. The car may even arrive at the retailer before this date."

· Registered
13 Posts
Genius conversation just now that always felt something would never see, but should be built and on its way soon

"The order has been scheduled by the factory and the build week is confirmed. Your new car will be progressing into production soon and will start to take shape with all your chosen features and finishes.

The build of your car is scheduled to start in the week commencing 7th November 2022. This has been confirmed.

The Expected Delivery Date is in the week commencing 28th November 2022. Please be aware this could be subject to change once the car has left the factory. The car may even arrive at the retailer before this date."
Mine has gone to 153, check yours again maybe it has progressed as well?

· Registered
47 Posts
Mine has gone to 153, check yours again maybe it has progressed as well?
It's still at 150 but has been assigned a VIN number and production is in progress, with delivery date 28th November, or earlier.

Managed to get the VIN number from the dealer and pushed it through Bimmer Work Vin Checker and all seems to be as ordered, and is being built in Leipzig

There is no mention of the ambient lighting being front and rear it just says 4P2 Interior Strips Illuminated Boston

The only actual tech option that personally ordered was Parking Assistant and Heated Steering Wheel so cannot comment on other tech options folk maybe worrying on.

Privacy Glass, Lumbar Support and Split Folding are all on there also, but no mention of the performance tyres

One of reasons the wait not been such an issue for me is have just continued to drive around in the GTI TCR, which is such a great car, pleasure to drive each day, so its mixed emotions its going back, the 128Ti has some big shoes to fill, but have sat in the MK 7x cabin for 9 years now since 2013, GTI/R/GTI TCR and it was Audi before that, so this is my first ever BMW, and am looking forward to a different cabin experience and to just see how BMW first stab at the GTI stacks up all around against a car know very well. Be an interesting comparison.

Reactions: 128_bmw

· Registered
115 Posts
Just checked in with Genius and had a bit of a weird one. Having been 5th Dec build week for ages, I was told my order updated today, is now 112 for build week next week. Delivery still ETA for end of Dec though - which was what it was with a 5th Dec build week.

I queried this as not really making sense and also suggested that if build was next week, surely it would be 150 by now. He very excitedly kept saying it was all correct and that the system was updated today.

Not convinced....think I'll check with another genius later today, when I fully expect to still be showing 5th Dec build week

· Registered
37 Posts
Just checked in with Genius and had a bit of a weird one. Having been 5th Dec build week for ages, I was told my order updated today, is now 112 for build week next week. Delivery still ETA for end of Dec though - which was what it was with a 5th Dec build week.

I queried this as not really making sense and also suggested that if build was next week, surely it would be 150 by now. He very excitedly kept saying it was all correct and that the system was updated today.

Not convinced....think I'll check with another genius later today, when I fully expect to still be showing 5th Dec build week
Just checked mine - still 5th Dec for late Dec delivery / at 112.

· Registered
115 Posts
Just checked mine - still 5th Dec for late Dec delivery / at 112.
Just checked again, and as expected now saying 5th Dec again. But looks like it's definitely moved to 112 now, so creeping forward.

I have no idea where they get their info from sometimes, or are their systems really that poor?

· Registered
47 Posts
Just added my VIN to the My BMW App and it states "delivery underway" which as someone said above, must be with the paint still wet if that's the case as build supposedly only started yesterday :) will let everyone know the realities of the timescale when receive.

· Registered
116 Posts
As of yesterday mine is still build date 20/2/23 and estimated delivery 20/3/23.. best hope for me is to come forward a few weeks. Cant believe earlier this year i was asking if the car arrived in august, to delay delivery for a 72 plate.

· Registered
19 Posts
Completed my weekly check in with the Genius's.

It's been 111, then 112 with a build week of 21st November for a while now. Today though, it's moved on. It's now 150, with an expected delivery of week 49, so 5th Dec.

Just need to get this confirmed with the dealer, before I get carried away, but seems progress is being made.

Hang in there

· Registered
47 Posts
Just checked genius and car built and at status 182 which is in readiness for carrier to get onto ship and over to the dealer, finally feels real :)

Reactions: charliecon01

· Registered
47 Posts
Mines at 190 now but have no idea when next boat out of Germany is, so will just keep checking genius till code says on these shores before hassle dealer for changeover date.

· Registered
47 Posts
Reactions: Gforrow
441 - 460 of 505 Posts