Baby BMW Forum banner
421 - 440 of 505 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
LOL.
originally it had tech pack on it but that got removed, I added adaptive headlights and parking assistant back on and of course headlights been removed too! Other than that, skyscraper grey is only option. If it wasn’t such a superb lease deal I would have cancelled ages ago.
It might actually come to that, seems a lottery on what bits get, some getting the full ambient, some getting some interior puddle lights effect, though to be honest, am personally up front and only ever had upfront ambient in past, so probably not miss what never had, though am looking forward to changing the ambient, as my previous have all been fixed and subtle.

There was actually very little that wanted to option, most of what want is standard, and usually upgrade to 19" but really liked the wheels, and they were signature, and with performance Tyre, and same for colour, like to stick to signature, and so mine came in at £1000, the least spent on options ever, with privacy glass, park assist, lumbar, privacy glass, split folding seats, heated steering wheel (which was a late selection, as folk seem convinced it's a must have, so a cheap punt, and will let you know if fuss has some validity :D)

Have gone R, and GTI TCR over last 6 years, to change this time around to the equivalent MK 8 with bits that would like were well into mid £40's, whereas the 128Ti was £35,105, that's a big chunk of cash, and see no reason to think the 128Ti will be any less an experience, and actually hoping going to have a lift in experience in the cabin quality, and compared to the MK 8 Golfs, far better media unit interaction.

My first ever BMW after 18 years of Audi Quattro/Performance Golfs, so looking forward to a new experience and comparison.

Imagine ours be on same boat and we receive pretty close together, so will keep this page updated to how progressing

· Registered
115 Posts
LOL.
originally it had tech pack on it but that got removed, I added adaptive headlights and parking assistant back on and of course headlights been removed too! Other than that, skyscraper grey is only option. If it wasn’t such a superb lease deal I would have cancelled ages ago.
Did they not allow you to add options in lieu? Or have they dropped the lease cost?

I've been swapping options as they become available/unavailable, at a like for like value.

I started with tech pack. I now have park assist, sun glass and have just been able to add HUD back in. But of course no adaptive/shadowline headlights any more.

· Registered
13 Posts
Did they not allow you to add options in lieu? Or have they dropped the lease cost?

I've been swapping options as they become available/unavailable, at a like for like value.

I started with tech pack. I now have park assist, sun glass and have just been able to add HUD back in. But of course no adaptive/shadowline headlights any more.
I added some options in, but yes also a reduction in lease cost. Can’t get an SE now for what I am paying for the 128, can’t complain really other than the wait time

· Registered
29 Posts
That's exactly what I am finding, three figures comes up very easily without a lot of throttle and a speed warning of 80 mph, I don't know if anyone has looked at them but the rolling acceleration times are quite impressive.

· Registered
115 Posts
Coming from a 290 Cupra, hoping the power difference isn't too noticeable

· Registered
116 Posts
Just hoping i dont get the next generation dash at this rate..genius still shows estimated end if march delivery.fingers crossed it sneaks forward a month and i get it 1st march on 23 plate..

· Registered
115 Posts
Just hoping i dont get the next generation dash at this rate..genius still shows estimated end if march delivery.fingers crossed it sneaks forward a month and i get it 1st march on 23 plate..
Problem is even Dec build we are likely just months away from any refresh

· Registered
21 Posts
I actually have the car! 😲 12 months late to the day!
Ive only driven it 6 miles to the detailer who promptly found damage on the rear bumper! Looks like it’s been reversed into something or had something reverse into then someone has done a bad job of polishing it out. It’s very minor, can’t see it clearly unless it’s under a flashlight. I gave it a decent walk round myself and didn’t spot it.
He’s gonna try and get it out but I’ve made them aware in case.
To all appearances it’s got all the digital key stuff even though that’s had supposedly been removed!
Just gotta wait two days for all the coatings now!

· Registered
115 Posts
I actually have the car! 😲 12 months late to the day!
Ive only driven it 6 miles to the detailer who promptly found damage on the rear bumper! Looks like it’s been reversed into something or had something reverse into then someone has done a bad job of polishing it out. It’s very minor, can’t see it clearly unless it’s under a flashlight. I gave it a decent walk round myself and didn’t spot it.
He’s gonna try and get it out but I’ve made them aware in case.
To all appearances it’s got all the digital key stuff even though that’s had supposedly been removed!
Just gotta wait two days for all the coatings now!
Good news, not so good about the damage.

So what options did you have in the end?

· Registered
21 Posts
Good news, not so good about the damage.

So what options did you have in the end?
19” wheels, leather interior, comfort pack, park assist and the split fold rear seats.
I picking it up again Thursday am so will have a proper play with it at work on Thursday.
I am impressed they maintained my discount as a value rather than a % so with the stuff that got taken off I actually ended up with a bigger discount.
Interestingly they were telling me they’ve sort of unofficially stopped selling 128’s cause they’re just too much trouble to get hold of.

· Registered
115 Posts
Just confirmed with Genius that HUD is now back on my spec list.

I've been told the latest option restriction list suggests adaptive headlights won't be available until at least Q2 2023

· Registered
21 Posts
There is a 128ti parked at work and it’s mine! Finally! It’s been such a saga that even the clients manager rang me and cheered when he saw me coming through the gate!
Been very gentle with it this morning, conscious that it specifically says to keep things steady for 1,200 miles. I can certainly see folk getting into trouble with it though, I was tootling along at 60 when I thought I was doing 50! Even under gentle acceleration it gets up there sharpish!
The damage to the bumper came out in the end. There was some more on the spoiler too when he got down to it but that came out as well.
Heated steering wheels are the best!
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Grille

· Registered
115 Posts
My order went to 112 today for late Dec delivery.............although I have been to 112 several times before.............
Was going to say, flits between 111/112 sometimes.

421 - 440 of 505 Posts