Baby BMW Forum banner
321 - 340 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been watching this thread with interest for the last few weeks. I feel your pain, I got out of a MINI JCW order after 6 months of nothing and ordered a 135i X in June. It got built today and is due at my dealer mid Sept.

There is clearly something of a problem building 128s, it’s nothing really obvious as they share lots of bits with the 135.

Good luck to you all.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also checked again today. Still 111, 5th December and all options still showing on my order (Inc adaptive headlights). We will see!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also checked again today. Still 111, 5th December and all options still showing on my order (Inc adaptive headlights). We will see!
Be good if you do, i was knocked back a week at a time from july - 22nd august, then 25/9 now 20/02/22.. i remember instructing my dealer to hold my car to sept 22 to get the new reg plate..seems a few dreams ago now

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the heady days when mine was only 2 months late and due last Xmas I was all set to tell them if it went back further I didn’t want it till March. Before I had that discussion it went back to April!

·
Registered
119 Posts
How do you check what options may or may not be deleted ? my order has adaptive headlights on

·
Registered
85 Posts
How do you check what options may or may not be deleted ? my order has adaptive headlights on
Ask the genius to check. They used to email the spec list, but they don't seem to want to do that anymore

·
Registered
85 Posts
Seems just totally random as to which ones get through and which don't. Think it's fairly clear though, they aren't producing very high numbers

·
Registered
Alpine White F44.
158 Posts
From my dealer. Luckily my cars built and waiting to be shipped.

Sorry for the late rely.

Yes, we’ve got a notice from BMW to confirm parts of China where a lot of the components are produced has gone back in to Lockdown which will drastically hamper supply affecting the 1 and 2 Series most.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just checked and mine has come forward a week, from 14th Nov to 7th Nov, hardly seismic and of course subject to change, but a glimmer of hope maybe.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I ordered by car in Oct21. After being given build dates in Feb 22, Apr 22, June 22, 3 different ones in Aug 22 before being bumped to Dec 22 I reached the end of my tether. So I took to Twitter and asked BMW Group and BMW UK if the rumour - that they were robbing parts allocated to our cars to build more expensive ones ordered later, and just not giving a toss that this meant making their less affluent customers continually wait -was true or not. Said I wasn’t being awkward, I just wanted someone to tell me WHY the delay as I couldn’t believe their stock control was so bad that when they moved my date from 8/8 to 22/8 they didn’t know what orders were on the books and what was needed- which the. Made it strange that they had to bump to 29/8 and then 5/12. Needless to say,they didn’t respond.

So I left it a week and tweeted again saying I was still waiting for a reply, this time copying in the editors of Autocar and AutoExpress to see if they wanted to investigate this rumour. So it was a pure coincidence that, 30 minutes after that tweet, BMW were on the phone to say they had found a build slot in W1 Sept for W1 Oct delivery.

Dealer has confirmed today that car is built and in transit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ordered by car in Oct21. After being given build dates in Feb 22, Apr 22, June 22, 3 different ones in Aug 22 before being bumped to Dec 22 I reached the end of my tether. So I took to Twitter and asked BMW Group and BMW UK if the rumour - that they were robbing parts allocated to our cars to build more expensive ones ordered later, and just not giving a toss that this meant making their less affluent customers continually wait -was true or not. Said I wasn’t being awkward, I just wanted someone to tell me WHY the delay as I couldn’t believe their stock control was so bad that when they moved my date from 8/8 to 22/8 they didn’t know what orders were on the books and what was needed- which the. Made it strange that they had to bump to 29/8 and then 5/12. Needless to say,they didn’t respond.

So I left it a week and tweeted again saying I was still waiting for a reply, this time copying in the editors of Autocar and AutoExpress to see if they wanted to investigate this rumour. So it was a pure coincidence that, 30 minutes after that tweet, BMW were on the phone to say they had found a uk,d slot in W1 Sept for W1 Oct delivery.

Dealer has confirmed today that car is built and in transit.
Wow what spec did you order..i have seen a few getting orders before me, read a 135 ordered june this year .let us know if autocar / express get back..would be nice for all of us to know

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had a surprising conversation with my dealer. My car has gone into production!
He was a little miffed they didn’t check the build first as the lights have been removed and apparently the auto high beam can be added back but it can also be added after the fact too so that’s minor annoyance.
It’s scheduled for delivery w/c 10/10 but he did say take that with a pinch of salt, more with port issues that build though.
I mentioned I was expecting to be told March and he said plenty had gone back but didn’t think mine would owing to how long I’d been waiting. I then told him about all you lot with your mar 21 orders that got a sigh of frustration with bmw.
Sod’s law since I’m waiting on back ordered parts for my current car right now which is gonna make selling it interesting. 🤦‍♂️

321 - 340 of 373 Posts