Baby BMW Forum banner
241 - 260 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
So you ordered in March 21 and are now being told Feb 23? At some point they’re just embarrassing themselves thinking that’s acceptable.
Yep, exactly that. I was 90% sure of cancelling the order but after this latest kick in the teeth I am giving up. Cancelling on Monday, it’s not even the car i ordered after they removed the tech pack so BMW have lost a customer for life.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just checked mine and it’s now delayed till week 8 2023. (Feb 2023). My fears i mentioned earlier are looking likely, these 128 lease orders are not going to be built.
@Superdon & djsapp128 - have you checked your orders. Genius open till 10pm
Hi , no not checked yet, last time it went 105 i was given oct 22, then it came forward to July so i would not read into the feb date too much. Hence why i am giving it a week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We ordered ours, Misano blue, in April, originally to arrive in July. It was delayed but is now apparently waiting for a ship to get to us in Melbourne, hopefully in September..

·
Registered
13 Posts
So if you're a cash sale, that throws out our theory of them not wanting to honour our deal.

@pstephenson I feel gutted and I'm 14 months in, I can't imagine how you feel. :(:mad:
Mine was a pretty good deal so possibly it falls in with "not making the cars with the least profit" - there are 40 odd second hand 128ti's on Autotrader and only 5 of them are cheaper than than my new car order.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just checked mine and it’s now delayed till week 8 2023. (Feb 2023). My fears i mentioned earlier are looking likely, these 128 lease orders are not going to be built.
@Superdon & djsapp128 - have you checked your orders. Genius open till 10pm
Still 105 this morning. I'm also going to give it a few days and see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

I have been monitoring this page for sometime as I’m in the exact same boat as others have reported.
Ordered my 128ti in July 2021 with misano blue paint, pano roof and sun protection glass on a very good deal. I’d be looking at £140+ more a month if I did the same now.

As others have reported, my vehicle was due in Oct 21, then Jan 22, April 22, July 22, 1st Aug, 8th Aug, 22nd Aug and now 105 status. Just bought a 65 plate VW polo to get me through after borrowing a Fiat 500 for a number of months.

I’ve seen loads of 71/22 plate 118i. I’ve all but lost hope in getting the car.

Surely the facelifted 1 series is around the corner, having seen camo versions and interior updates online.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Our 135i continues to be pushed back and wondering if the LCI with idrive 8 is being fast tracked to deal with the chip shortage but adding to the delsys

·
Registered
114 Posts
If it’s any comfort with all the conspiracy theories our 118i m sport ordered Feb 22 has just returned to 105 after being scheduled week 30 then week 34. It’s a pcp on a good deal for me but not massively discounted or at the 2.9 apr of others & not particularly heavy spec. Maybe it’s a summer shutdown of the factory possibly that’s changed the status automatically & scheduling will reopen when the factory does ?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine was a pretty good deal so possibly it falls in with "not making the cars with the least profit" - there are 40 odd second hand 128ti's on Autotrader and only 5 of them are cheaper than than my new car order.
Tonight there are 53 128s on BMW's approved used 'site, one with the same toys as i had wanted to spec on mine, though it has the wrong paint and the exterior 'ti' decals and being a '21 plate it does suffer from some electronic deletions. Price only a couple of grand less, but of course used, even mint, is not the same as new.

There are 293 approved-used M135ix listed!! mostly in the mid to high £30Ks. I guess many had "cashed-in" but replaced it with what?? Or maybe they just didn't like the car.
For such prices i'd rather have a 3-Series [touring] but the good spec ones just aren't there and i can only imagine that people are holding on to them, not just coz they're good cars but lack of desirable alternatives as well as the aforementioned delays. But perhaps i could consider a decent used M135ix instead of new unicorn even if most are the pre Nov-2021 updated build models.
TBH I'm actually getting fed-up of searching for a next BMW, i know i'm being picky with spec but with the amount they cost in the current financial climate i must get my money's worth and would like to keep it for a number of years - i mean, if i wanted any ol' banger i'd just get a Vauxhall!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Waiting on a reply from Harry Fairbairn on the latest rediculous delay (now showing February 2023), pending on what they say I will be cancelling the order.
At the point now where i have so much bad feeling towards BMW I don't want to continue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm pulling the pin and cancelling my order today. I found stock of a M135 and the deal was right so signed for it over the weekend.

Good luck to you all. I'll keep checking on this forum to see how you're getting on. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
My company car lease through Arval has also been moved.

Not sure to copy and paste the response from BMW, but basically said that BMW had had a large number of vehicles loosing their build week but were working to get them back in.

I wasn't given any "new build week", but that the dealer had been asked to leave it with Production.

I can only hope that the new dates people have been given is the standard "6 months" lead time / default time and that the build weeks will slot in sooner than Feb23.

My concern is as with the rest of you, that thats just not the case.

I too have asked the lease company whether i can cancel my order or not. No idea what i'll do though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just for roundness, have checked on mine today and back to no quota allocation, and no build date, and based on all understand feel that no way this car arrives before Spring and who knows, maybe later, or never at all.

This is to replace my company lease on 10th October, that date is certainly not going to happen, so am checking options to take returned leases (you get 2 grade uplift) if any of them are seen as desirable (but am fussy, and have to be something really like) or simply cancel and take the cash alternative and just go private.

I would only wait if the lease company gave me a like for like replacement till arrives, but think it says in terms, a hire car, which for me is a non option,

Likely scenario is order is definitely cancelled and take on the lease of a returned car or take the cash alternative which saves on BIK, but I will then have to insure new car etc as the offset,.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My reply from Harry Fairbairn, asking about the delay until Feb 2023. Talk about customer service, not even trying to give an explanantion on the 2 year delay.

"I have checked this morning an see that your information, sadly, is correct.

Based on this can you please confirm if you would like to cancel? "

Good luck to everyone still waiting, but enough is enough. Life too short to be waiting and waiting on an 1 series.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My reply from Harry Fairbairn, asking about the delay until Feb 2023. Talk about customer service, not even trying to give an explanantion on the 2 year delay.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, but enough is enough. Life too short to be waiting and waiting on an 1 series.
See you have made the decision and gone for a Megane RS, which is a great car, so just get it and hopefully some good run outs in that will make this all a distant memory soon.

I am benefitting from the shared experiences here as not going to mess about and give BMW a chance, its obvious they simply do not care, and by that actually not mean the delays themselves, as think we all understand the worlds issues, but the complete lack of transparency in communication especially when there is a scheduled date and its pulled.

BMW you need to talk to customers and not treat them with such disdain, if you get complete and unfettered honesty you be surprised how accepting people can be.

So when get some certainty to options, going to be completely decisive, will not be waiting around for this car to arrive unless get a like for like at end of current lease and can afford to forget about this car completely, think 90% going to cancel in September when reached point of no return for a 10th Oct changeover and take a desirable returned lease or the cash,

·
Registered
114 Posts

Do you have to cancel ? I would keep them hanging on out of spite and cancel last possible minute.

241 - 260 of 293 Posts