Baby BMW Forum banner
221 - 240 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Think its becoming more compelling by the amount of people now quoting the same date, that there is going to be a batch run on 128Ti starting the 22nd August,

Do feel for those who have waited so long in these crazy times, but have had to wait once in past way beyond my order date due to a dealer mix up, and will say, once driving the car, the wait is soon strangely forgotten if the car itself is pleasure to drive and be in, so hang in there those effected,
the worry is that these "batch orders" are constantly being delayed. For example there was several 128ti orders scheduled for 01st August, then 08th of August, now 22nd August.
I have totally lost all faith that these will be built this year. Looking back at my notes, mine has been delayed a total of 16 times since given a factory order. Even Harry Fairbairn have stopped replying to me as apparently I am too aggressive with my tone.
My stance is expect the worst and hope for the best.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the worry is that these "batch orders" are constantly being delayed. For example there was several 128ti orders scheduled for 01st August, then 08th of August, now 22nd August.
I have totally lost all faith that these will be built this year. Looking back at my notes, mine has been delayed a total of 16 times since given a factory order. Even Harry Fairbairn have stopped replying to me as apparently I am too aggressive with my tone.
My stance is expect the worst and hope for the best.
Not sure what they expect from a March 2021 order, you certainly not going to be saying "Do not worry, its fine, these things happen"

Unfortunately there are times when you win, IE: When the TCR ordered was cancelled by mistake and reordered and that coincided with MY20 changes and ended up with an Akrapovic exhaust as a freebie, or when you lose, IE: seller pulled out of selling a house to us after 6 months and that cost us ££'s and time in fast moving market,

Hopefully this 22nd is a hard stop on these orders being fulfilled, and at least this group can share an equal experience as we all receive hopefully in same time frame, maybe a caffeine and machine meet for those who close enough to? Had a few GTI meets there and always a good chat with the likeminded.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Two 128's together would be a rare sight..i think 4 or 5 would be more than they have at the factory .Yes would be up for a coffee meet..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Could the current set of delay be due to the summer factory shutdown?

But then if that is the case, why would they have ever been scheduled for build week 1/8 or 8/8?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Today's update is I am back at 105!!!!

That's despite the dealer emailing me last night and saying all on track for delivery mid September.

No idea what's going on

·
Registered
49 Posts
Today's update is I am back at 105!!!!

That's despite the dealer emailing me last night and saying all on track for delivery mid September.

No idea what's going on
Same here, 105 but estimated delivery to dealership, according to genius is still showing 12th-18th Sept.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just knew after Supedon & DJsapp128 updates that mine would be the same. Just checked and Status now 105 with no build date.

Its looking more likely by the day that BMW are not going to honour these orders. Looking at Autotrader there is a basic spec 128ti on a 22 plate (2000 miles), on the same term as my lease (3+35 8k a year) the PCP figures would be £696 a month! Thats over £400 more a month than my deal.

Just goes to show what crazy deals were on offer last year, and probably one of the reasons why BMW are stalling. Its not in their best interest to build them at that price. They have shareholders to keep sweet dont they!

I cannot even question the delay with Harry Fairbairn/Arnold Clark as upset them too much

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to add another to the list, mines been on order since mid June last year. It is reasonably well specced although its been that long I cant honestly remember what's on it. Presently has a scheduled production of week 38 for delivery week 42. I honestly doubt its ever coming at this point. Seems like as with many of you guys it gets close to production week then misses it and gets pushed back. Started as end Oct 21, actually came forward 3 weeks initially, then went into this year, came back to December, went out of production, then April, May, June, October. My salesmen sounds suicidal every time I speak to him! I've been pretty zen with them tbh, I gave Merc more grief about my current A250 being 2 weeks late than I have this being 12 months, although I did make a snarky comment about all the emails I get trying to sell me another last time it went back. Meanwhile, a guy at work's father in law ordered an M4 4 months after me and has had it for 3 months!
Mine was/is a straight cash purchase but I got a hefty discount. I'll be damned if I cancel but with the A Class refresh coming along soon I may change my tune.
My one solace is that it seems to be industry wide on some models. My neighbour ordered a fiesta ST2 around new year and presently doesn't even have a estimated delivery date. On the customer service angle though, they've taken that out of production so have given him a free bump to the ST3. BMW wont even apologise!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think i will leave it until later next week before i contact genius again..we all seem to be in the same boat on this..frustrating but I agree, little out there ticking the same boxes for the deals we were offered.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep, mine has dropped out again with no production date. Apparently I can contact my dealer who may have more information why it's no longer scheduled. Yeah right!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bmw customer service, first time now making it clear i need the car for 14th october. Also its already cost them, my mrs is going elsewhere to replace her x3..
I've seen a load of new 118's hit the road, their website said priority is fill existing orders but i see a number if 128s have hit the showrooms in autotrader, just not my spec without going to silly money..
Did you get a reply from customer services @DJsapp128 ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep, mine has dropped out again with no production date. Apparently I can contact my dealer who may have more information why it's no longer scheduled. Yeah right!!!
First time here but Storm Bay 128ti on order since June 2021…Genius just advised order now gone to status 105…. Seen loads of other models being built …. I think BMW UK should be honest with us if this car is not going to be built:(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just checked mine and it’s now delayed till week 8 2023. (Feb 2023). My fears i mentioned earlier are looking likely, these 128 lease orders are not going to be built.
@Superdon & djsapp128 - have you checked your orders. Genius open till 10pm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just checked mine and it’s now delayed till week 8 2023. (Feb 2023). My fears i mentioned earlier are looking likely, these 128 lease orders are not going to be built.
@Superdon & djsapp128 - have you checked your orders. Genius open till 10pm
So you ordered in March 21 and are now being told Feb 23? At some point they’re just embarrassing themselves thinking that’s acceptable.

221 - 240 of 293 Posts