Baby BMW Forum banner

120d remap reviews

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  bashmore 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

Just wondering who ever has or had a 120d remapped what's your reviews? Cheers

#3 ·
I suspect Marco may be taking the :piss2: as you haven't said whereabouts you live.

However if it's just a review, and not a recommendation your after, then I would definitely day go for it. A remap from a reputable tuner will really transform your car and there are very few downsides.

You should see a good 45 - 50 bhp gain.

#7 ·
I'd like some info about this too for my e82 coupe. Spoke to a few places about it including having the dpf removed and the egr delete. One place has got back to me saying they would advise me to remove the dpf as it will reduce back pressure and cause issues ??

#8 ·
Would or wouldn't advise you?

DPF delete is an MOT fail nowadays, but currently it's only a visual check. You can gut the standard pipe and still pass. There have been reports of the reduced back pressure doing odd things to the turbo, it's definitely best done in conjunction with a matched remap. Speak to Stan at Ecotune Scotland.

#10 ·
marco_polo said:
Would or wouldn't advise you?

DPF delete is an MOT fail nowadays, but currently it's only a visual check. You can gut the standard pipe and still pass. There have been reports of the reduced back pressure doing odd things to the turbo, it's definitely best done in conjunction with a matched remap. Speak to Stan at Ecotune Scotland.
Hello, they wouldn't advise me to have it done. But currently speaking to p torque about having it done and I would of had it remapped to suite aswell.

Thanks for the info on it much appreciated.

#15 ·
Ive just been to P-Torque recently and can highly recommend it. The experience was nice, Will was very welcoming and knowledgeable.
Comfy leather sofa, a cup of tea and stack of BMW Magazines.
Took around an hour or so, with the dnyo before/after included with the remap. I mentioned about using it for work and wanted reliability over max HP. He mentioned he doesn't recommend more than 225HP and 450 nm (332 lb/ft) is a safe limit for gearbox and without putting unnessesary pressure on the turbo.

Before:
177 HP
268 lb/ft

After:
217 HP (+40)
332 lb/ft (+64)

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#16 ·
BMWBrad said:
Having driven a 116d remapped to 212bho, I'd recommend it!
Heard good things about Will @ PTorque
212 HP?! :eek2:

Although it shares the N47D20 even after replacing a lot of parts from the 120/123 like the brakes, intercooler, injectors, turbo, clutch, gearbox etc with almost 100 HP added to a car that's originally built for handling 115 HP just sounds like a liability. :|

A stage 1 remap alone on a 116d will usually see 145 HP to make it similar to a 118d on paper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.