Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my 2013 BMW F20 120d has just gone bang! The timing chain has just gone with no warning despite the car having regular high quality oil changes (6-10K Miles) all it's life, luckily it happened on start up and I don't think the damage is terrible, it looks like the rocker arms have taken the brunt of the damage and the valves and pistons are fine.
I'll still not bother fixing it as the flywheel is on it's way out, the bodywork is terribl and the the car has 170K miles with a whole host of other issues and isn't worth the £1-2K in parts and hours of my time to put it right. Is there anything of value on these N47s to part out and sell, I'm thinking turbo and crank.etc? If they're not worth anything think I'll just scrap the lot!

·
Registered
2016 M240i
5,552 Posts
I’ve always said if ours snapped I’d just break the car for parts. Or just get a used N47 and fit that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wouldnt bother repairing it, just send it to the scrapper. You did quite well out of yours, mine went bang below 50k miles and they never managed to get it right before they were forced to buy it back from me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts