Baby BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks , first service coming up now, after 2 years of ownership, and 14000 miles.

I went through the MyBMW app , and it is quoting me for £265 for oil / oil filter / pollen filter

Is this standard pricing for everyone on their first service ?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Sounds about rite. does that include "standard scope" too

·
Registered
66 Posts
My second Major service is due which they quoted £515 for 118i 2020 at 26000 currently . So I decided to choose service monthly plan for £720 with £400 deposit and remaining in 14 months which includes .

A2 - Seasonal Health Due December 2022
A3 - Seasonal Health Due June 2023
A4 - MOT Due July 2023
A5 - Seasonal Health Due December 2023
A6 - Map Update Due March 2024
S2 - Oil & Microfilter Due March 2024

Major service due now.
Map Update
Air Filter Brake Fluid
Fluid Top Up, includes: anti-freeze, adblue, screenwash
Microfilter
Oil Service
Spark Plugs
Vehicle Check
Wash & Vac
Seasonal Health Check
Seasonal Health Check MOT
Seasonal Health Check Map Update
Fluid Top Up, includes: anti-freeze, adblue, screenwash
Microfilter Oil Service Wash & Vac

Above includes one major and other normal service. It seems to be cheaper than choosing single service.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
If you go off-piste (ie. non-BMW garage) check first they can fully update the cars service history, both the OBC and BMW servers. Also if car is not owned by you (eg. PCP or leased) check what the servicing requirements are in your finance agreement.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Agreed, recognised BMW independent, it is actually law that you don't have to use franchised dealers. As said in earlier post make sure they are approved to update on car and BMW servers

·
Registered
729 Posts
The EU Block Exemption Rule does cover cars you own but leased ones tend not to be.
The independent garage must also use manufacturer approved parts and correctly follow the manufacturer's service schedule...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
My M240i is due its 4th year (big) service this month so I started digging around for an decent Indy that could do the work and update the i-drive history. The Indy's that can update the i-drive charge nearly the same price as main dealers.

I've taken out a 2 year service pack with my supplying dealer. This covers the next two services mot's plus a couple of other things all in was £990.17 but looking at the paperwork I have a manufactures contribution of £231.17 so the cost to me was £759.00. My supplying dealer quoted me £638.06 for the 4th year service inc vehicle check service.

included on the contract :-
2 service's
2 MOT's
4 seasonal checks
2 map updates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts