Baby BMW Forum banner
  • The monthly Photo Competition is back! Click HERE to enter
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I removed some 10mm wheel spacers on the car and the total length from top to bottom was 60mm with thread length about 40mm , do they seem like they where to long ? If I sat them like this picture they where at least 10mm longer.
Font Gas Auto part Automotive tire Cylinder

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi , I removed some 10mm wheel spacers on the car and the total length from top to bottom was 60mm with thread length about 40mm , do they seem like they where to long ? If I sat them like this picture they where at least 10mm longer.
Hi,
I'm not really sure what you are questioning? If you have removed them from a car that was driving fine then what is your issue? If 10mm spacers were fitted then yes, you would expect 10mm longer wheel bolts to be fitted. What you have to think about though is the length of the actual hex head and also the length of the taper. These can vary greatly and will affect whether or not they are the correct fitment.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and i should have explained better , the reason I removed them is because they where causing slight vibration through the steering wheel and pedals , if you look at my picture my bolts actually sat about 10mm higher meaning they where at least 20mm longer than original.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Everything torque to spec? Was the hub service cleaned from rust prior to fitting, you'll be surprised what spacers can do if they aren't flush to the surface. Also make sure you have the right hex heads they should be snug

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everything torque to spec? Was the hub service cleaned from rust prior to fitting, you'll be surprised what spacers can do if they aren't flush to the surface. Also make sure you have the right hex heads they should be snug
Ok will do and thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts