0-100 acceleration

All things M135i related can be found in here

Moderators: marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis, Lambster

LamaV3
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:26 pm

0-100 acceleration

Post by LamaV3 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:33 pm

My auto M135i equip with TMC, I have tried 0-100km/h acceleration many times, best time is 4.7s.
My way is lelf foot brake and right foot slightly throttle to keep 1500rpm, use Sport+ with S auto gear control.
I have tried without TMC 3 times, all the same 4.9s, I am little disappoint only 0.2s faster.............


Image
2013 F20 M135i ESTORIL BLUE

LamaV3
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:26 pm

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by LamaV3 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:34 pm

I have tested a 118i before, 7.2s without TMC, 6.8s with TMC, 0.4s faster
2013 F20 M135i ESTORIL BLUE

User avatar
Compactpete
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:22 pm

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by Compactpete » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:40 pm

What is your 80-120 time? Much more indicative.
Now - E92 M3, DCT, Comp Pack, Alpine White.

Gone - 2016 M135i

Jessi
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by Jessi » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:41 pm

That's still 4.7 secs to 100kph
Would probably be 4.5 secs to 60mph
Pretty impressive for a rwd car with 320bhp and no launch control !
Impressive

LamaV3
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:26 pm

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by LamaV3 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Compactpete wrote:What is your 80-120 time? Much more indicative.
you mean mile/h or km/h ??
2013 F20 M135i ESTORIL BLUE

LamaV3
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:26 pm

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by LamaV3 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Jessi wrote:That's still 4.7 secs to 100kph
Would probably be 4.5 secs to 60mph
Pretty impressive for a rwd car with 320bhp and no launch control !
Impressive
But 0.2s faster seems not working well, really want to know how JB4 can do
2013 F20 M135i ESTORIL BLUE

User avatar
essiii
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:33 am
Location: Sunny Surrey

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by essiii » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:57 pm

LamaV3 wrote:
Jessi wrote:That's still 4.7 secs to 100kph
Would probably be 4.5 secs to 60mph
Pretty impressive for a rwd car with 320bhp and no launch control !
Impressive
But 0.2s faster seems not working well, really want to know how JB4 can do
I wouldn't be that disappointed. 0.2 seconds is a pretty big improvement when you're at this end of the spectrum. The F10 M5 with 552 bhp takes 4.3 seconds.

User avatar
Compactpete
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:22 pm

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by Compactpete » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:05 pm

LamaV3 wrote:
Compactpete wrote:What is your 80-120 time? Much more indicative.
you mean mile/h or km/h ??
Km/h so roughly 50-75mph - overtaking range.
Now - E92 M3, DCT, Comp Pack, Alpine White.

Gone - 2016 M135i

User avatar
RickN55
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 2989
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:03 am
Location: Leicester

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by RickN55 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:09 pm

I did 0-60 in 4.8 seconds with no LC
F21 2013 Alpine White M135i ZF8 PWG (Poor mans iDrive, Sun protection package + 20 percent tints, Driver comfort package, Bum Warmers, Black Panel, HK, Hex trim, M Performance grills, rear spoiler and fins)

wenklaw
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1299
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:03 pm

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by wenklaw » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:13 pm

Seems a reasonable gain, I reckon I would struggle to get anywhere near what you manage to be honest, stock or TMC. Personally I am more interested in what your stock v TMC in gear times are like? Would appreciate any figures you have.

Ive just fitted the TMC and done about 120 miles, seems a fair bit quicker in gear to me but I appreciate that sometimes its down to how the power is delivered. I also did a 40 mile, 65mph trip back to see if MPG had improved and if I am honest i dont see any gain at all, still 42mpg, this may be due to the box still in its learning stage?

User avatar
essiii
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:33 am
Location: Sunny Surrey

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by essiii » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:25 pm

wenklaw wrote:Seems a reasonable gain, I reckon I would struggle to get anywhere near what you manage to be honest, stock or TMC. Personally I am more interested in what your stock v TMC in gear times are like? Would appreciate any figures you have.

Ive just fitted the TMC and done about 120 miles, seems a fair bit quicker in gear to me but I appreciate that sometimes its down to how the power is delivered. I also did a 40 mile, 65mph trip back to see if MPG had improved and if I am honest i dont see any gain at all, still 42mpg, this may be due to the box still in its learning stage?
I think that's more likely due to the fact that a TMC/JB4/other tuning box is very unlikely to actually have a positive effect on your MPG, seeing as they work by chucking more fuel into the engine.

Kerr
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 3438
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by Kerr » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:38 pm

essiii wrote:
LamaV3 wrote:
Jessi wrote:That's still 4.7 secs to 100kph
Would probably be 4.5 secs to 60mph
Pretty impressive for a rwd car with 320bhp and no launch control !
Impressive
But 0.2s faster seems not working well, really want to know how JB4 can do
I wouldn't be that disappointed. 0.2 seconds is a pretty big improvement when you're at this end of the spectrum. The F10 M5 with 552 bhp takes 4.3 seconds.
The M5 is a much heavier car. Initial acceleration is always going to be hit. People still did test it as under 4 seconds.

Only taking 0.2 seconds off the 0-100kph is disappointing. I'd expect more.

markm240i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 1428
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: Suffolk

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by markm240i » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:38 pm

LamaV3 wrote:My auto M135i equip with TMC, I have tried 0-100km/h acceleration many times, best time is 4.7s.
My way is lelf foot brake and right foot slightly throttle to keep 1500rpm, use Sport+ with S auto gear control.
I have tried without TMC 3 times, all the same 4.9s, I am little disappoint only 0.2s faster.............


Image
1500rpm sounds like too few revs for a max 0-100km/h run
Current - F21 M140i Auto, MPerf LSD, MPE, B12 Pro kit

Paul_P1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:59 am

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by Paul_P1 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Do a 100-200kmh run with and without tmc and let us know the difference. 0-100(60mph) is a useless real world increment.

Rich9566
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: 0-100 acceleration

Post by Rich9566 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:11 pm

Its all about that in gear acceleration !

Post Reply

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”