Baby BMW Forum banner

Few pics of the 130i

34K views 240 replies 37 participants last post by  markhurley 
#1 ·
I've been on here for year's but never done a build thread or posted many pics up of my car ! This weekend it just clicked over 45k so I thought I would share a few snaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#27 ·
Looks great.

Where did you get the repeaters from. Mine are looking a little knackered.

#28 ·
Not posted for a while here's a few little bits I've added

New aero spoiler after seeing Thetyrant's at Bedford I had to get one , think it really suits the car.

Then I decided to change the intake elbow for a misimoto one ,in the states these have seen some gains mostly due to the deletion of the carbon filter and sound generator ,
Also I changed from the bmwp filter ( basically a k&n) could never tell if it was dirty so reverted back to a simple paper type filter.

And finally fitted 4 new cup2's decided to go for 235/40 square setup and I'm very pleased with the results awesome tyres one of the best mods out there.

Got a few other bits planned for the new year mostly just maintenance bumper and wheels to be refurbished.

Cheers

#30 ·
markahurley said:
Not posted for a while here's a few little bits I've added

New aero spoiler after seeing Thetyrant's at Bedford I had to get one , think it really suits the car.

Then I decided to change the intake elbow for a misimoto one ,in the states these have seen some gains mostly due to the deletion of the carbon filter and sound generator ,
Also I changed from the bmwp filter ( basically a k&n) could never tell if it was dirty so reverted back to a simple paper type filter.

And finally fitted 4 new cup2's decided to go for 235/40 square setup and I'm very pleased with the results awesome tyres one of the best mods out there.

Got a few other bits planned for the new year mostly just maintenance bumper and wheels to be refurbished.

Cheers

Looking good!!!

Interesting about the intake elbow change....did you notice any difference /gains??...

Mark.

#31 ·
Mine also has the intake mod & it 100% runs much better than my last 130i without

#32 ·
J0sephx said:
Mine also has the intake mod & it 100% runs much better than my last 130i without
ok interesting...

But it runs 'better' in what way? more power? better pickup on revs?.....

sorry for asking,somehow cant seem to find any info anywhere!

Mark.

#33 ·
holland130i said:
J0sephx said:
ok interesting...

Mark.
Just feels a lot smoother in revs, it genuinely feels a bit faster as well.

#34 ·
J0sephx said:
holland130i said:
J0sephx said:
ok interesting...

Mark.
I haven't covered many miles since installing but the car feels more lively and keen to rev.

#35 ·
markhurley said:
J0sephx said:
holland130i said:
ok interesting...

Mark.
I haven't covered many miles since installing but the car feels more lively and keen to rev.
Do you hear that Mark???(Holland130i)

*echos* buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it

#36 ·
J0sephx said:
markhurley said:
J0sephx said:

hahaha :lol2:

thanks for the info guys!!

ordered one this morning :thumbs:

:D

Mark.

#37 ·
holland130i said:
J0sephx said:
markhurley said:

hahaha :lol2:

thanks for the info guys!!

ordered one this morning :thumbs:

:D

Mark.
Hahahaha did you?

It's actually a huge waste of money & makes no difference at all.

#41 ·
#42 ·
Few pics from a snowy Snetterton on Saturday.. needless to say dry track tyres don't work in these conditions! It really was like a skating rink,
Next thing on my list a set of proper wets !

#43 ·
Fitted some front flaps , think it improves the front end a bit and still looks very oem.

#44 ·
Looks nice!

Can't help to think it would look better with a 1 Series Coupe bumper though....

:jawdrop:

#45 ·
J0sephx said:
Looks nice!

Can't help to think it would look better with a 1 Series Coupe bumper though....

:jawdrop:
I like to keep things as original as possible I think these look quite factory.

Might sell up this year I hardly ever use the car it's just clicked 50k .. not sure how I could price it tho there are a lot of expensive upgrades on this car.

#46 ·
markhurley said:
I like to keep things as original as possible I think these look quite factory.

Might sell up this year I hardly ever use the car it's just clicked 50k .. not sure how I could price it tho there are a lot of expensive upgrades on this car.
Noooooo, don't do that :(

#47 ·
markhurley said:
Are you still thinking about an E92 M3 or just releasing the cash? I'm sure it would sell pretty easily with the mods you have done and the love you have given the car. Although sometimes on the 130 hunters thread there are lots of people looking but no one wants to pay over £6k! I think yours would be worth £8k to £9k?

#48 ·
jonwilli said:
markhurley said:
Are you still thinking about an E92 M3 or just releasing the cash? I'm sure it would sell pretty easily with the mods you have done and the love you have given the car. Although sometimes on the 130 hunters thread there are lots of people looking but no one wants to pay over £6k! I think yours would be worth £8k to £9k?
Nah £6k all day long we all know mods add nothing to the value :escape:

Just kidding Mark it's a stunning car and one I would LOVE to own. Apart from an exhaust and intake it would be my ideal e87. Can you hang on until early 2021? :lol2:

#49 ·
The lack of use makes me wonder if it's worth keeping .. but I've owned it for 5 years now and my mum owned it for 3 years before me so it kind of has sentimental value,
If I was someone's came along with a big enough cash offer then yeah I would be tempted to sell as I only do about 3k per year and it's too nice to be using on track days.

I might try and buy a dedicated track car and just keep this for sunny days and drive outs with mates as it still feels a very special car to drive :bigsmile:

#50 ·

Now with black performance front grills , think it sets the front end off , that's it for cosmetic mods , maybe a wheel refurb and some coilovers [emoji1303]

#51 ·
jonwilli said:
markhurley said:
You're right there. Everyone on the 130i hunters thread basically want the cars for free lol :lol2: