Baby BMW Forum banner

The M140i photo thread

569K views 3K replies 588 participants last post by  Wezhaslam 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
We run a Monthly Photo Competition, which gives you a chance to win a year of Premium membership and your car featured on the homepage. If you're posting in here, don't forget to enter there too!

----

Appears that we managed to miss this thread.
Thanks to one of the members for mentioning it.

Go ahead and link out to your M140i's

#1,729 ·
It seems the AW's have been a bit neglected! 3 months and 4k in the bag!
Finally managed to get round to fitting the TPI spacers, 12mm front 15mm rear, interior complete with lots of M Performance goodies 😁 BCS non res mid section, BMW boot floor mat, M3/4 carbon mirror caps and a BMS clutch stop.
Next on the list in the coming months, Eibach 20/25 springs, Kerscher carbon splitter, Carbon spoiler and underbody brace, drive it some more and clean it more!

#1,730 ·
RegisRR said:
Finally managed to get round to fitting the TPI spacers, 12mm front 15mm rear, interior complete with lots of M Performance goodies 😁 BCS non res mid section, BMW boot floor mat, M3/4 carbon mirror caps and a BMS clutch stop.
Next on the list in the coming months, Eibach 20/25 springs, Kerscher carbon splitter, Carbon spoiler and underbody brace, drive it some more and clean it more!

I like the m performance bits you have there, I'm looking to add them to the rest of the m performance bits I have in interior, should finish it of nicely

#1,731 ·
RegisRR said:
Finally managed to get round to fitting the TPI spacers, 12mm front 15mm rear, interior complete with lots of M Performance goodies [emoji16] BCS non res mid section, BMW boot floor mat, M3/4 carbon mirror caps and a BMS clutch stop.

Like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,732 ·
RegisRR said:
I like this picture a lot :worship1: :clap:

You got a better pic showing the wheels in the arches after fitting the spacers ... interested in doing that too

#1,734 ·
Si Bailey said:
RegisRR said:
I like this picture a lot :worship1: :clap:

You got a better pic showing the wheels in the arches after fitting the spacers ... interested in doing that too
Thanks mate 😁 i quite like that picure too!
The only semi decent picture ive got of it with the spacers fitted is the one below, it does definitely make a difference but doesnt look ideal sitting on the std setup, hence why dropping it should look a lot better &#x1f44c-1f3fb;

#1,735 ·
sspdw said:
I would say the m140i maybe is a bit too clinical. Kind of missing a manual gearbox tbh.
I get what you're saying but you can buy with a manual gearbox? At least that's what I got a quote for this weekend? Kind of good to see some more negative more honest opinions on these things.

I know a lot of people love the Auto but I'm adamant manual would be better, dealer however doesn't have one I can try! Sorry I don't have a picture to post, just the shadow edition I saw at the dealer this weekend!

#1,736 ·
lewishollings said:
sspdw said:
I would say the m140i maybe is a bit too clinical. Kind of missing a manual gearbox tbh.
I get what you're saying but you can buy with a manual gearbox? At least that's what I got a quote for this weekend? Kind of good to see some more negative more honest opinions on these things.

I know a lot of people love the Auto but I'm adamant manual would be better, dealer however doesn't have one I can try! Sorry I don't have a picture to post, just the shadow edition I saw at the dealer this weekend!
You had better hurry up if you want a new M140 with a manual! They arent taking orders for manuals after June i believe ☹

Having driven both the Manual and Auto M140's i can definately vouch for the fact the ZF8 is a bloody good, infact fantastic gearbox! The changes are so quick when using the paddles in manual mode but......it does get frustrating when you try and downshift and it wont let you because the revs may be too high, upsets your rythm on a good blast and spoils it a bit.
The main reason i went for manual is i love the involvement in driving the car, also why i didnt opt for spec like adaptive/pro nav etc. Just want to get in and drive but its all personal preference. For me most of the options arent necessary. I dont need a fully speccd car, just one i will enjoy!

The manual isnt the be all and end all of gearboxes but the shift feel is improved with an MPerf gear stick. I thibk its for me at least, about being involved in the drive and being able to select a gear as and when i want it.

Id definitely suggest trying to drive both before you make your mind up, the ZF8 wont disappoint at all but i feel it lacks the involvement of a good ol' manual 😁

#1,737 ·
[/quote]

You had better hurry up if you want a new M140 with a manual! They arent taking orders for manuals after June i believe ☹

Having driven both the Manual and Auto M140's i can definately vouch for the fact the ZF8 is a bloody good, infact fantastic gearbox! The changes are so quick when using the paddles in manual mode but......it does get frustrating when you try and downshift and it wont let you because the revs may be too high, upsets your rythm on a good blast and spoils it a bit.
The main reason i went for manual is i love the involvement in driving the car, also why i didnt opt for spec like adaptive/pro nav etc. Just want to get in and drive but its all personal preference. For me most of the options arent necessary. I dont need a fully speccd car, just one i will enjoy!

The manual isnt the be all and end all of gearboxes but the shift feel is improved with an MPerf gear stick. I thibk its for me at least, about being involved in the drive and being able to select a gear as and when i want it.

Id definitely suggest trying to drive both before you make your mind up, the ZF8 wont disappoint at all but i feel it lacks the involvement of a good ol' manual 😁

[/quote]

He didn't tell me that!

Thanks for the feedback, I did get the opportunity to drive an M240i with Performance Exhaust a couple of weekends ago on a BMW Experience day, completely free and did enjoy the Auto having never driven one before but it's the reason I took a trip to the dealership over the weekend to try out a manual, they had none available but they did find me a nice Manual M135i in the perfect spec so there are other options out there if I miss the boat on a manual 140.

I'm going to try a couple of other dealers if I find the time, but like you I'm not to fussed with all the fancy bells and whistles, as long as it has the right engine!

For now I'm going to take my time in finding the right car.

#1,738 ·
I don't normally post on forums, I just lurk reading and digesting the available information. In this case, I have been lurking for 3-months but yesterday was the lucky day where I got to pick up my new M140 in Sunset Orange. I didn't add too many options, just pro-nav, speed sign/limit detection, adaptive suspension and the MPerformance LSD.

I'm running her in and keeping the revs below 4,500rpm, but even at partial throttle, this thing flies. My plan is to use it as an occasional toy and to go on some driving experience days so that I can try and keep it shiny side up (fingers crossed). I am also considering adding Ghostwatch along with protective wrap for the front half of the car as well. Dashcam may be installed, but I'm not too sure yet as I want to avoid any potential damage, exposed wires, loose trim and rattles.

Enough typing, here are some pictures of my beast! Enjoy...

#1,739 ·
Beautiful...!!

Just 2 more weeks to wait until my new beast arrives. :)

#1,740 ·
MrBen said:
I don't normally post on forums, I just lurk reading and digesting the available information. In this case, I have been lurking for 3-months but yesterday was the lucky day where I got to pick up my new M140 in Sunset Orange. I didn't add too many options, just pro-nav, speed sign/limit detection, adaptive suspension and the MPerformance LSD.

I'm running her in and keeping the revs below 4,500rpm, but even at partial throttle, this thing flies. My plan is to use it as an occasional toy and to go on some driving experience days so that I can try and keep it shiny side up (fingers crossed). I am also considering adding Ghostwatch along with protective wrap for the front half of the car as well. Dashcam may be installed, but I'm not too sure yet as I want to avoid any potential damage, exposed wires, loose trim and rattles.
She's lovely MrBen - good choice. Had mine a couple f weeks now, and I finally opened up the full reve range tonight, after hitting 1100 miles.... wow! I mean really...quite...wow......

I've gone with a dasham (wired in nice and tidily to the socket under the glove box thanks to input from this forum) and so far not seen any issues or rattles. It just gives me a bit more confidence id somebody does something stupid.

Oh, and I changed the mirror caps to black - much happier with it. Next job is to figure out how to do the Canards around the front intakes...

Here she is in all her glory... View attachment Front Left (Medium) (Small).jpg

#1,741 ·
Jonnybravo said:
Steering fitted courtesy of Carbon500
Man, that looks awesome. How big a job was it? I'd quite like to fit me one of those.

#1,743 ·
plectrumman said:
Jonnybravo said:
Steering fitted courtesy of Carbon500
Man, that looks awesome. How big a job was it? I'd quite like to fit me one of those.
20 mins to swap over :)

#1,744 ·
plectrumman said:
She's lovely MrBen - good choice. Had mine a couple f weeks now, and I finally opened up the full reve range tonight, after hitting 1100 miles.... wow! I mean really...quite...wow......

I've gone with a dasham (wired in nice and tidily to the socket under the glove box thanks to input from this forum) and so far not seen any issues or rattles. It just gives me a bit more confidence id somebody does something stupid.

Oh, and I changed the mirror caps to black - much happier with it. Next job is to figure out how to do the Canards around the front intakes...

Here she is in all her glory...Front Left (Medium) (Small).jpg
Will look lovely once the canards are done!

#1,746 ·
#1,748 ·
RegisRR said:
Williams, were you travelling through Watlington recently?
Not sure where abouts that is, but I'm over in wales for the weekend

#1,750 ·
Tricky401 said:
Williams327 said:
RegisRR said:
Williams, were you travelling through Watlington recently?
Not sure where abouts that is, but I'm over in wales for the weekend
Car looking good mate. Looked at it yesterday at the lake
Cheers mate, was a coincidence being there the same time as you lot. Got back to the car park just as you was leaving so got to listen to you all go haha