Baby BMW Forum banner

1M recall

7K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Badger 1M 
#1 ·
Just booked mot and told there's a recall for a power cable behind the glove box. Not heard about it before .

#8 ·
It's not just 1ers, it's petrol engines E series vehicles between around 2009/2010 I think?
BMW should send owners a letter, however they cannot trace every owner.
Contact your dealer and give them your chassis
Or PM 330d uk on here with your VIN and he will tell you

#9 ·
After a search on the net, found a paper article saying its for cars 2009-2012 for the 1 series.

Although I have asked about recalls for my 135 and BMW said it doesn't need any.... but I don't trust them at all! Asked 330d UK and see what comes back :)

#11 ·
Danny_Boy said:
After a search on the net, found a paper article saying its for cars 2009-2012 for the 1 series.

Although I have asked about recalls for my 135 and BMW said it doesn't need any.... but I don't trust them at all! Asked 330d UK and see what comes back :)
E9x 3 series and Z4 are also affected

#13 ·
I know of a recall in the US/Canada/South Africa but not in the UK, and it relates to the battery cable in the boot.

Info here, issue #14:

I've not heard anything in all my service visits and I've not been contacted.

I can't find anything in the VOSA vehicle recall site either.

Personally I don't think it applies to the 1M but I don't mind being corrected if anyone finds anything concrete.

#14 ·
Got a reply saying there are no outstanding recalls for my car, so must be ok then. Ill check it myself though, easy enough to get to really. Its where the battery cable attached to the fuse box and the contact erodes and can full on fail. so they replace the contact and hold the fuse box down better to prevent movement.

Yeah 3 series E9* cars and Z4 too, was just on the daily mail website from a 2013 article

But yes does seem to be mainly US cars

#16 ·
I just rang up Cooper BMW Teesside to book a service, I asked if there were any outstanding recalls on my car and they mentioned the power cable behind the glove box so mine is booked in for this next week. Strange how some dealers are saying different to others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.