Baby BMW Forum banner

Cross Climate+ tyres - Active Tourer

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Nebuchadnezzar 
#1 ·
Hi, does anyone have any experience of these tyres on an Active Tourer?
I am due tyre change on 218d AT fitted with 205/55 17Y (91) Michelin Primacy 3.
Thinking of fitting Cross Climate+ 205/55 17V (95).
Presume these tyres with slightly different spec are ok to fit? Michelin website seems to suggest so.
Any views welcome - thanks.

#3 ·
Hi, I know we are in the middle of the summer, but I thought it might be a good time to get a crossclimate tyres in good price ... If someone is considering to buy them.
I use them in my Gran tourer, done 40k miles so far and I'm sure I will do another 15-20k. They are great (but not cheap as I have 18"). I live in Yorkshire, I travel a lot (about 50k miles per year). They are very good in a snowy conditions (well, in Yorkshire not in Alps) , in the rain and I was in Spain last year during a summer time ... and still have the same tyre set today. In a wet conditions they are very very good too.
I use crossclimate on my other car, Renault scenic. What can I say - those tyres are very good. And if you have a smaller wheel size eg 16" the price is very reasonable.
I'm not saying the crossclimate is the best, maybe there are better (more expensive ?) tyres, but these all sezon tyres are very good quality.
This is just my opinion, from my personal experience.

#5 ·
We Have Cross climate+ tyres on the wife's grand tourer, great tyre and it gives me confidence knowing she'll be safe in the winter months or when we're driving to a destination to go walking and it gets quite muddy. I was impressed with them as a winter tire on my m140i, so when it came time to change the tyres on the boss's car they were the first choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.