Baby BMW Forum banner

Newbie & Future New 225XE Owner

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  sid_james 
#1 ·
Morning all,
My current company car is due to go back later this year so between Christmas and New Year my leasing company arranged for couple of demonstrators for me to try before I place my order. Following a succsefull 4 day test drive of a 225xe (and a less successful test of a B180d), I have just placed an order for a 2018 facelifted 225xe M-Sport as my next company car. The main reasons behind the choice being a significant reduction in company car tax, vehicle spec and vehicle performance - after driving around in a 2.0d 508SW for the last 3 years I was pleasantly suprised by the accelaration and handling. This will be my 1st BMW and 1st hybrid car :D .
However, as I am new to PHEVs and before i take delivery in late April (fingers crossed), I have a few queries I wondered someone from the forum could assist me with :?
1, Charge points. Could some recommend a provider to instal a domestic charge point (I am in North Yorkshire)?
2, Public charging, how does this work?
Thanks
Alistair

#2 ·
I bought a 225xe M Sport last September. Really
enjoying it. Make sure you go for the heads up display and big screen sat nav at the minimum.
I got the BMW charge point put in which allows me to have better control remotely. As for public charging I have signed up to Charge Point etc but not got round to using it yet.

#3 ·
Heff said:
enjoying it. Make sure you go for the heads up display and big screen sat nav at the minimum.
The demo car I had was fitted with the HUD but as I wear polarized glasses a lot when driving it was useless - the kids thought it was great though. Gone for solar glass, roof rails (boot is way smaller than current car so will need extra storage occasionally), heated seats, run flats, folding mirrors, dimmable rear view mirror and Estoril blue paint - that was my extras allowance spent. Looking to install a charge point (not BMW) when order is confirmed by the lease company. Just need some advice on how to go about it and who is good to go with.

#4 ·
Bishthefish said:
Heff said:
The demo car I had was fitted with the HUD but as I wear polarized glasses a lot when driving it was useless - the kids thought it was great though. Gone for solar glass, roof rails (boot is way smaller than current car so will need extra storage occasionally), heated seats, run flats, folding mirrors, dimmable rear view mirror and Estoril blue paint - that was my extras allowance spent. Looking to install a charge point (not BMW) when order is confirmed by the lease company. Just need some advice on how to go about it and who is good to go with.
Last year we were looking at changing our 2AT M Sport for the 225xe but things went pearshape so we cancelled the order in the end, however, in a similar position to you we were advised on here to look at ChargedEV... and they were very helpful, to be honest we'd probably have gone with them prior to cancellation.

Hope that helps you?

dorsetred

#5 ·
Hi Adel

Welcome to the forum but unfortunately you'll need to use a translation program as some people may not understand German.

#7 ·
Up-date to my earlier posts:

Due to the 2018 facelift, the M-Sport was no longer available and as the facelift included slight price increases it has fallen outside my grade :( . Consequently I have gone for the Sport with solar glass, roof rails, heated seats, run flats, folding mirrors, dimmable rear view mirror and black paint. I could have had the luxury but would have had to sacrifice to many options (I would have only been able to get roof rails or run flats and that was it), so went for the sport with more kit.
I have been given a provisional delivery date of 30th July.
Thanks
Alistair

#11 ·
Also ordered one for my next company car, to replace a 520 M sport estate. tax reasons in the main.

Have ordered virtually every big option, but also a small option that got cancelled due to no longer being available.

"faux electric motor external noise". I was really looking forward to that £80 option!

Should be here late September.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.