Baby BMW Forum banner

2021 Fender extensions

7K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Slooby 
#1 ·
Does anyone have an idea of what's going on regarding the new wheel arch extensions on the newly built M2 competition? They come the same as the M2cs but from pictures the suspension looks jacked up.

I've got a car due September so I'm hoping the extensions can easily be removed and the suspension issue is just due to the angles of photos...

#29 ·
Removed one of mine today, but was a bit concerned that the plastic wheel arch liner no longer covers the inside if the wheel arches which could be exposed to stone chips and corrosion in the future.

May now replace the double sided tape and refit .

Will also seal the gap between the wheel arch plastic liners and the plastic wheel arch extender with black silicon sealer ro prevebt debris and stones from going between the wheel arch liner and the wings.

#30 ·
I remember the 1970s MGB models, nice looking cars, then American safety regulations made British Leyland remove the elegant chromed steel bumpers and fitted thick black rubber monstrosities. Then they placed spacers in the suspension to jack the car up in the air. Looked abysmal. The only way to avoid these eye catching uglies on your M2 is to either remove them or buy a car the same colour as the "fenders".

#32 ·
With all the reviews of the G80 M3 that appeared over the last week, I couldn't help noticing it sports similar bits of trim around the rear arches (but not on the front):

No sign of anything on the new M4. Maybe because it doesn't have particularly wide arches compared to the rest of the car...

The latest Golf also seems to have some similar things attached, but smaller (which looks even worse IMO!):

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of what ridiculous piece of legislation these were fitted in order to comply with?

#33 ·
If anyone has removed these extensions from their car and not binned them, I'd be happy to take the rear ones off your hands as it would appear that I have a slight 'poke' issue with the summer wheels I've just fitted to my F20 :redface:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.