Baby BMW Forum banner

M2 CS allocation today

18K views 102 replies 25 participants last post by  nickfrog 
#1 ·
Looks like BMW have allocated most if not all of the M2 CS today. They have only told us that the cars will be allocated for delivery
between March and September 2020.... they cannot be any more specific as clearly they cannot build all of the cars in the first month of production.
So we were allocated just 2 cars per dealership, sounds like that's what most will be getting. Moment of truth for anyone who has placed a deposit!
Though if you are 3rd or lower in the queue then you may be disappointed with your dealer (not their fault though).

#4 ·
No surprise. However anyone who have put a deposit down with the intention to love and drive the car will be able to get their hands on one.

Some who are first in line for one will either pull their deposit, get cold feet right before collection or will sell it within a few hundred miles.

I look forward to reading about the improvements it has over the M3/M4 CS.

#5 ·
They've given people the heebie jeebies after the M3/4CS debacle.

They'll be easily obtainable in the next year. Guaranteed.

Dealers got very few allocations with those initially, then they just kept arriving, more and more pre built cars into the system.

#11 ·
schaeffs said:
mikeyscott said:
Tricky401 said:
awaiting at least 50% of the first allocations to appear on autotrader above list price

unfortunately the market is full of people putting names down to make a quick profit
If you have the capital for this, I have no issues with this
Agreed - they are putting money at risk
Are they? It's only a matter of a £1000 refundable deposit and then "selling" the car before it's even been built.

--

#12 ·
50pence said:
schaeffs said:
mikeyscott said:
If you have the capital for this, I have no issues with this
Agreed - they are putting money at risk
Are they? It's only a matter of a £1000 refundable deposit and then "selling" the car before it's even been built.

--
If it is that - then fine. When I asked a dealer, they mentioned a different number and not refundable at a certain point prior to delivery.

#14 ·
Yep BMW have stated that they have allocated all of the UK cars now. So anyone who has placed a deposit and not had the confirmation email should be asking for a refund. It was stated that there were 1500 orders but there was what, 355 cars for the UK?
Pleased to say that 2 of my proper BMW regulars have secured a car each with us. Look forward to handing these over in June and September.

#15 ·
TRL said:
Yep BMW have stated that they have allocated all of the UK cars now. So anyone who has placed a deposit and not had the confirmation email should be asking for a refund. It was stated that there were 1500 orders but there was what, 355 cars for the UK?
Pleased to say that 2 of my proper BMW regulars have secured a car each with us. Look forward to handing these over in June and September.
That's is very good demand.

#16 ·
TRL said:
Thanks Tony

#18 ·
Having a confirmed allocation for the M2CS I thought I would clear up the confusion and misinformation being stated regarding the M2CS UK numbers/allocation.

There is 104 BMW M2CS's allocated for the UK market. I have it writing from BMW UK and so does my supplying dealer. There maybe a couple more but mainly for UK press/BMW UK HQ cars, 104 for customers.

There is not 2 cars allocated per BMW Dealer. Not all dealers got an allocation and even some dealer groups didn't even get one.

Just over 1500 registered customers are wanting one.

Hope this clears up a few things.

If you turn down the allocation, dealers will notify BMW UK and they select the next customer on the list, not your dealer.

#20 ·
BMWM2CS said:
Blind Pugh said:
Nyxeris said:
Any forum members put their names in the hat? 10 points to the first build thread...
My chum has a confirmed build slot in July for delivery in August.

He's gone for CS(L) spec ie manual trans and chairs.🙄
You not wanting a go then mate when it arrives? 😉
My chum knows me well - he'll throw the keys my way after RIS 😜

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.