Hi Gents from Newbie

Information about coding your BMW

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Andy8ikenut

Hi Gents from Newbie

Post by Andy8ikenut » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi all and great to be on board..
This has probably been done a thousand times..
I have just got a 2010 3 door 118D SE 1 series with a Buisiness head unit but a loaded steering wheel..
I have got a used profesional head unit and fitted it but the Telephone doesnt work.
Can/does this need to be re-coded and if so is there anybody that does this in Essex, near chelmsford area.
Also is it possible to unlock anything else while doing this like mirror folding when locking etc etc etc..

If theres any worth while mods also please let me know.
Thanks gents and look forward to many happy miles..

Andy

Ukbondys
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Hi Gents from Newbie

Post by Ukbondys » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:24 pm

Andy8ikenut wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 pm
I have just got a 2010 3 door 118D SE 1 series with a Buisiness head unit but a loaded steering wheel..
I have got a used profesional head unit and fitted it but the Telephone doesnt work.
Can/does this need to be re-coded and if so is there anybody that does this in Essex, near chelmsford area.
Also is it possible to unlock anything else while doing this like mirror folding when locking etc etc etc..

Andy

Must be on same wavelength I was considering getting a pro head unit as I’m fed up looking at the big gaps on the business version , interested in people’s replies
2014(64) 125d M Sport

Nottsknots
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Nottsknots » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:03 pm

Does your pro hu have the bluetooth logo on it? If not, then it wont work with your phone. If so, then you'll also need the mic, and some coding.
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

Andy8ikenut

Post by Andy8ikenut » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi..

It doesnt have the bluetooth logo on it but does have the phone logo but it greyed out when i press the option button.
I was told there all fitted with mic and my steering wheel has all the buttons aswell.

Was hopeing it was just coding needed, as just want the phone to work.

Andy

Ogb666
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ogb666 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:47 pm

Ukbondys wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:24 pm
Andy8ikenut wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Andy

Must be on same wavelength I was considering getting a pro head unit as I’m fed up looking at the big gaps on the business version , interested in people’s replies
You can buy the pro nav screen and have it coded works out a lot cheaper that buying the whole satnav package and will give you split screen etc....one recently sold for £150 on eBay

Nottsknots

Post by Nottsknots » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:32 am

Andy8ikenut wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:14 pm
Hi..

It doesnt have the bluetooth logo on it but does have the phone logo but it greyed out when i press the option button.
I was told there all fitted with mic and my steering wheel has all the buttons aswell.

Was hopeing it was just coding needed, as just want the phone to work.

Andy
For the avoidance of doubt, the bluetooth logo should be on a sticker on the chassis of the HU, not the front panel. Not sure which Phone logo you're referring to. The mic would be fitted in the switch panel next to the rear view mirror, not on the HU itself, so whoever told you that they're all fitted with a mic was "mis-informed". Buttons on the multi-function steering wheel are irrelevent to whether they work or not, but are a pre-requisite if you want to use 'em (err, obviously :roll: :lol: ) - my car had them, but only the ones to control the radio worked from factory: I have a Business HU with after-markey bluetooth.

Some Pro HUs have bleutooth built in (ones with the logo), whilst others need an additional box with the bluetooth receiver in the boot (MULF). If you find the part number for your HU, its easy to confirm if its got bluetooth, or needs the MULF as well. (MULF = Media Universal Lade Freisprechelektronik (Universal Hands-Free System)).
E87 118d, stock, plus PDC control unit drain, Parrot, debadged, Mothercare baby shades (but no babies), and occassionally a good layer of wax. Instantly forgettable, and thats the way I like it.

Wibbles

Post by Wibbles » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:11 am

post some photos of the headunit.

if it's a unit that as BT and USB built in I can code it to your car on the bench, send it to me and I'll do that for £40
BR Diagnostics & Retrofits
Apple Carplay - ONLY £89 - BabyBMW Special offer!
FULL SCREEN CARPLAY NOW AVAILABLE!
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here
BRD on Facebook

Return to “Coding/Software”