Knowledgeable Member

Re: The M140i photo thread

Post by RegisRR » Tue May 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Si Bailey wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:16 pm
RegisRR wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:23 pm

I like this picture a lot :worship1: :clap:

You got a better pic showing the wheels in the arches after fitting the spacers ... interested in doing that too
Thanks mate 😁 i quite like that picure too!
The only semi decent picture ive got of it with the spacers fitted is the one below, it does definitely make a difference but doesnt look ideal sitting on the std setup, hence why dropping it should look a lot better 👌🏻
M140i Shadow Edt MANUAL 😁 AW MP Steering Wheel MP Armrest MP Gear Gator and Handbrake BCS Non res Midpipe TPI Spacers BMS Clutch stop Carbon M3/4 Mirror caps

lewishollings

Post by lewishollings » Wed May 23, 2018 8:45 am

sspdw wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:47 am
I would say the m140i maybe is a bit too clinical. Kind of missing a manual gearbox tbh.
I get what you're saying but you can buy with a manual gearbox? At least that's what I got a quote for this weekend? Kind of good to see some more negative more honest opinions on these things.

I know a lot of people love the Auto but I'm adamant manual would be better, dealer however doesn't have one I can try! Sorry I don't have a picture to post, just the shadow edition I saw at the dealer this weekend!

RegisRR
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by RegisRR » Wed May 23, 2018 11:01 am

lewishollings wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:45 am
sspdw wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:47 am
I would say the m140i maybe is a bit too clinical. Kind of missing a manual gearbox tbh.
I get what you're saying but you can buy with a manual gearbox? At least that's what I got a quote for this weekend? Kind of good to see some more negative more honest opinions on these things.

I know a lot of people love the Auto but I'm adamant manual would be better, dealer however doesn't have one I can try! Sorry I don't have a picture to post, just the shadow edition I saw at the dealer this weekend!
You had better hurry up if you want a new M140 with a manual! They arent taking orders for manuals after June i believe ☹️

Having driven both the Manual and Auto M140’s i can definately vouch for the fact the ZF8 is a bloody good, infact fantastic gearbox! The changes are so quick when using the paddles in manual mode but......it does get frustrating when you try and downshift and it wont let you because the revs may be too high, upsets your rythm on a good blast and spoils it a bit.
The main reason i went for manual is i love the involvement in driving the car, also why i didnt opt for spec like adaptive/pro nav etc. Just want to get in and drive but its all personal preference. For me most of the options arent necessary. I dont need a fully speccd car, just one i will enjoy!

The manual isnt the be all and end all of gearboxes but the shift feel is improved with an MPerf gear stick. I thibk its for me at least, about being involved in the drive and being able to select a gear as and when i want it.

Id definitely suggest trying to drive both before you make your mind up, the ZF8 wont disappoint at all but i feel it lacks the involvement of a good ol’ manual 😁
M140i Shadow Edt MANUAL 😁 AW MP Steering Wheel MP Armrest MP Gear Gator and Handbrake BCS Non res Midpipe TPI Spacers BMS Clutch stop Carbon M3/4 Mirror caps

lewishollings

Post by lewishollings » Wed May 23, 2018 12:18 pm

[/quote]

You had better hurry up if you want a new M140 with a manual! They arent taking orders for manuals after June i believe ☹️

Having driven both the Manual and Auto M140’s i can definately vouch for the fact the ZF8 is a bloody good, infact fantastic gearbox! The changes are so quick when using the paddles in manual mode but......it does get frustrating when you try and downshift and it wont let you because the revs may be too high, upsets your rythm on a good blast and spoils it a bit.
The main reason i went for manual is i love the involvement in driving the car, also why i didnt opt for spec like adaptive/pro nav etc. Just want to get in and drive but its all personal preference. For me most of the options arent necessary. I dont need a fully speccd car, just one i will enjoy!

The manual isnt the be all and end all of gearboxes but the shift feel is improved with an MPerf gear stick. I thibk its for me at least, about being involved in the drive and being able to select a gear as and when i want it.

Id definitely suggest trying to drive both before you make your mind up, the ZF8 wont disappoint at all but i feel it lacks the involvement of a good ol’ manual 😁

[/quote]

He didn't tell me that!

Thanks for the feedback, I did get the opportunity to drive an M240i with Performance Exhaust a couple of weekends ago on a BMW Experience day, completely free and did enjoy the Auto having never driven one before but it's the reason I took a trip to the dealership over the weekend to try out a manual, they had none available but they did find me a nice Manual M135i in the perfect spec so there are other options out there if I miss the boat on a manual 140.

I'm going to try a couple of other dealers if I find the time, but like you I'm not to fussed with all the fancy bells and whistles, as long as it has the right engine!

For now I'm going to take my time in finding the right car.

MrBen

Post by MrBen » Wed May 23, 2018 12:32 pm

I don't normally post on forums, I just lurk reading and digesting the available information. In this case, I have been lurking for 3-months but yesterday was the lucky day where I got to pick up my new M140 in Sunset Orange. I didn't add too many options, just pro-nav, speed sign/limit detection, adaptive suspension and the MPerformance LSD.

I'm running her in and keeping the revs below 4,500rpm, but even at partial throttle, this thing flies. My plan is to use it as an occasional toy and to go on some driving experience days so that I can try and keep it shiny side up (fingers crossed). I am also considering adding Ghostwatch along with protective wrap for the front half of the car as well. Dashcam may be installed, but I'm not too sure yet as I want to avoid any potential damage, exposed wires, loose trim and rattles.

Enough typing, here are some pictures of my beast! Enjoy...

Mbee
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Mbee » Wed May 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Beautiful...!!

Just 2 more weeks to wait until my new beast arrives. :)
M140i SE, Auto, Sunset Orange, Oyster, HK, Pro Media, Adaptive Dampers & LED's, Sunroof, Camera, AutoID Mirrors, Remus Exhaust, Bluespark, Motech Eibach Springs & Spacers, Maxton Splitter, Underbody Brace, Pipercross, M4 Pads, BlackVue, Trackstar

plectrumman

Post by plectrumman » Wed May 23, 2018 11:29 pm

MrBen wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:32 pm
I don't normally post on forums, I just lurk reading and digesting the available information. In this case, I have been lurking for 3-months but yesterday was the lucky day where I got to pick up my new M140 in Sunset Orange. I didn't add too many options, just pro-nav, speed sign/limit detection, adaptive suspension and the MPerformance LSD.

I'm running her in and keeping the revs below 4,500rpm, but even at partial throttle, this thing flies. My plan is to use it as an occasional toy and to go on some driving experience days so that I can try and keep it shiny side up (fingers crossed). I am also considering adding Ghostwatch along with protective wrap for the front half of the car as well. Dashcam may be installed, but I'm not too sure yet as I want to avoid any potential damage, exposed wires, loose trim and rattles.
She's lovely MrBen - good choice. Had mine a couple f weeks now, and I finally opened up the full reve range tonight, after hitting 1100 miles.... wow! I mean really...quite...wow......

I've gone with a dasham (wired in nice and tidily to the socket under the glove box thanks to input from this forum) and so far not seen any issues or rattles. It just gives me a bit more confidence id somebody does something stupid.

Oh, and I changed the mirror caps to black - much happier with it. Next job is to figure out how to do the Canards around the front intakes...

Here she is in all her glory...
Front Left (Medium) (Small).jpg
Front Left (Medium) (Small).jpg (129.55 KiB) Viewed 1753 times
Current: 2018 F20 M140i Shadowline, Auto, Sunset, Oyster, Pro Media, Adaptive Dampers
Previous: 2015 F36 430D M Sport, Sapphire Black, 19", Coral Red
2008 E81 118d M Sport, Monaco Blue, 18"
1999 E36 Z3 2.8 BiVanos, Estoril Blue

plectrumman

Post by plectrumman » Wed May 23, 2018 11:33 pm

Jonnybravo wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:46 pm
Steering fitted courtesy of Carbon500
Man, that looks awesome. How big a job was it? I'd quite like to fit me one of those.
Current: 2018 F20 M140i Shadowline, Auto, Sunset, Oyster, Pro Media, Adaptive Dampers
Previous: 2015 F36 430D M Sport, Sapphire Black, 19", Coral Red
2008 E81 118d M Sport, Monaco Blue, 18"
1999 E36 Z3 2.8 BiVanos, Estoril Blue

TAS
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by TAS » Thu May 24, 2018 2:22 am

I’ve been sent this teaser pic today. Picking it up Friday evening can’t wait

F20 M140i Shadow Edition - CURRENT
F20 M135i - GONE
E82 120D - GONE

Jonnybravo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Jonnybravo » Thu May 24, 2018 2:41 am

plectrumman wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:33 pm
Jonnybravo wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:46 pm
Steering fitted courtesy of Carbon500
Man, that looks awesome. How big a job was it? I'd quite like to fit me one of those.
20 mins to swap over :)
M140i SE: BBS CH-R Wheels, KW V2 coilovers, M4 LCA + TS, subframe inserts, BMW LSD, JB4 + FF & EWG wires, BMS meth kit, 3.5" exhaust + decat, Maxton splitter, side blades, M foils, carbon spoiler, carbon500 alcantara steering & M2 paddles

lewishollings

Post by lewishollings » Thu May 24, 2018 8:08 am

plectrumman wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:29 pm
MrBen wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:32 pm
She's lovely MrBen - good choice. Had mine a couple f weeks now, and I finally opened up the full reve range tonight, after hitting 1100 miles.... wow! I mean really...quite...wow......

I've gone with a dasham (wired in nice and tidily to the socket under the glove box thanks to input from this forum) and so far not seen any issues or rattles. It just gives me a bit more confidence id somebody does something stupid.

Oh, and I changed the mirror caps to black - much happier with it. Next job is to figure out how to do the Canards around the front intakes...

Here she is in all her glory...Front Left (Medium) (Small).jpg
Will look lovely once the canards are done!

benwjennings

Post by benwjennings » Sat May 26, 2018 12:12 pm

New to forum! I picked up my M140i Sunset Orange shadow edition on Monday and I love it! Feel free to follow me on Instagram @benwjennings (personal) or @benwjennings.photo (car stuff)
Attachments
F4741898-579D-4C0D-9813-BB55FB80A2AA.jpeg
F4741898-579D-4C0D-9813-BB55FB80A2AA.jpeg (236.66 KiB) Viewed 1536 times

Williams327
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Williams327 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:57 am

Over at wales this bank holiday weekend. Staying near to the evo triangle so there’s some amazing roads round here.

upload img
M140i 3 door Auto

Mods - JB4, LSD, underbody brace, Carbon MPE, PCW silencer, Decat, AFE intake, auto id mirrors>diffuser, kerscher splitter, carbon spoiler, Mp skirts>blades>grills, OZ ultraleggeras, H&R -25mm, M4 pads, braided lines

RegisRR
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by RegisRR » Sun May 27, 2018 10:12 am

Williams, were you travelling through Watlington recently?

Williams327
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Williams327 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:39 am

RegisRR wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 10:12 am
Williams, were you travelling through Watlington recently?
Not sure where abouts that is, but I’m over in wales for the weekend
M140i 3 door Auto

Mods - JB4, LSD, underbody brace, Carbon MPE, PCW silencer, Decat, AFE intake, auto id mirrors>diffuser, kerscher splitter, carbon spoiler, Mp skirts>blades>grills, OZ ultraleggeras, H&R -25mm, M4 pads, braided lines

Return to “M135i/M235i/M140i/M240i”