Baby BMW Forum banner

M2 bumper fitting

9K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  hjabotelho 
#1 ·
Who has done the m2 bumper fitting to a 140i ? Looks really good to me but wanted to know if it's a straight fit or bit of cutting or something required as like the look of 4 exhaust trims too

#2 ·
As the M2 is wider id expect some cutting or get the m2 replica bumper but in my opinion is looks odd.

#3 ·
Sometimes its just not worth going through all that effort to make a car look like a different car because 99% of people will know its a 'replica' and it cheapens the car to be honest.

#6 ·
That's fine people, saw it on utube that someone had done it but looking at prices for the bumpers themselves and painting think it's not worth the hassle, unless I came into some money then I'd prob buy an m2 instead

#10 ·
chester said:
Unless put back to stock come selling time I imagine it would affect potential buyers and the cars residual value, other consideration is the view it's been damaged and repaired.
As long as you hold onto the originals to show they're not smashed you should be ok. I for one would love to get an M2 kit for mine; horses for course I suppose &#x1f937-1f3fb-2642;

#11 ·
#13 ·
#15 ·
Or just buy the bumpers from mstyle they are the exact same ones cheaper than anywhere else I've found

#17 ·
Only thing with a scrap yard bumper would be finding a body shop that would be comfortable transitioning a m2 bumper onto the existing f20. Or you would need to try get headlights wings bonnet I'm pretty sure nothing is the same with a f20.

I very much doubt they would guarantee it will last as it will involve plastic welding and filling etc and with uk climate if you over do the filler or cut corners in anyway it will crack with the hot cold climate changes.

I think a f20 kit maybe it Chinese would be the safest and most cost effective option.

And like others have said cars with bumper changes etc would make alarm bells ring for future buyers wondering if the car is accident damaged.

My mate that owns a body shop is normally around £200 a panel if it's cash and doesn't require any repair, To give you a idea. And reputable body shops are normal very busy a booked up well in advance.

If a body shop says they aren't busy and can do the work straight away I would personally avoid. As painting cars and any form of body repair is a art.

#19 ·
Mstyle do the front bumper, rear bumper and side skirt extensions all for £907 this excludes painting or fitting. Several people running these, all straight swap no modifications required to get them to fit correctly.

#25 ·
Sticky1098 said:
That looks fab !!! Should have been that from factory, have you done front too then
Only the rear. Don't like the look of the m2 rep front bumper personally, a full m2 front end conversion on the other hand is very nice. Only problem with that is that the front arches will be considerably wider than the rear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.