What is wrong with some people

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series F20, F21, F22 & F23
Manufactured from end of 2011

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

Biggz

Re: What is wrong with some people

Post by Biggz » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:53 pm

Right about here

Can anyone recommend a machine polisher in Teesside / North East? :?

What's the likely cost :cry:

GMballistic
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by GMballistic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:10 am

Biggz wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:53 pm
Can anyone recommend a machine polisher in Teesside / North East? :?

What's the likely cost :cry:
Biggz before you go paying large sums on machine polishers etc I'd try this first.

Get yourself some "Meguiars Scratch X 2.0" and a decent hand applicator pad. I'd recommend you get some Lake Country pads from Polished Bliss with a few different cutting actions (maybe all 3 ranging from Light-Heavy).

Link: http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog ... cat24.html
Scratch X 2.0: http://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints ... ch-x-207ml

It might not be enough to get rid of all your scatches/damage but honestly I think you'd be surprised at how well it will come out. Difficult to tell from the picture how deep or bad it is but it might get rid of it all if you're lucky. If you do try it let me know how you get on. :wink:
2012 Alpine White F20 M135i

Biggz

Post by Biggz » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:10 pm

GMballistic wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:10 am
Get yourself some "Meguiars Scratch X 2.0" and a decent hand applicator pad. I'd recommend you get some Lake Country pads from Polished Bliss with a few different cutting actions (maybe all 3 ranging from Light-Heavy).
It might not be enough to get rid of all your scatches/damage but honestly I think you'd be surprised at how well it will come out. Difficult to tell from the picture how deep or bad it is but it might get rid of it all if you're lucky. If you do try it let me know how you get on. :wink:
Daft question but I've never done this before... would you start off with the light cutting pad first then if not gone work up through medium and heavy?

GMballistic
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by GMballistic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:00 pm

Biggz wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:10 pm
Daft question but I've never done this before... would you start off with the light cutting pad first then if not gone work up through medium and heavy?
Yes that's right. Make sure the cars clean first and then apply a small piece to the applicator pad and apply in circles over the effected area.

If you start with the light cutting pad first it may be all you need. If not then gently move up to the more abrasive pad.
2012 Alpine White F20 M135i

Biggz

Post by Biggz » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:16 pm

GMballistic wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:00 pm
Biggz wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:10 pm
Yes that's right. Make sure the cars clean first and then apply a small piece to the applicator pad and apply in circles over the effected area.

If you start with the light cutting pad first it may be all you need. If not then gently move up to the more abrasive pad.
Just ordered those pads and other bits from Polished Bliss (Free DPD delivery too so will have to use them in the future!).

I'll let you know how it goes, cheers.

Return to “F20, F21, F22, F23 (2011 - tbd)”