Baby BMW Forum banner

new delivered bola wheel problem, what to do??

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Ian 
#1 ·
hi all

I placed my order for a set of bola flc 8.5x18

et 40 front
et 45 rear

245/35/18 goodyear eagle f1 asym 5 front
255/35/18 goodyear eagle f1 asym 5 rear

but bola have delivered et 42 front and et45 rear.

is there going to be a problem with the et42 on the front?

thanks ian

#4 ·
yes the FLC can be made in the et40 now

I have just phoned the shop up who I ordered them with, and they said that they would order the et40 for me if I wanted.

I dont want to run a spacer if I can help it

#5 ·
ok, the et42 are going back and et40 is going to be re ordered, just not worth the hassle of messing around trying to get them to fit

#7 ·

This is my FLB Bola ET 40 , there about 4mm to the strut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
so 2mm to the strut is cutting it very tight without spacers, and thats not including any rim protectors on the tires

#9 ·
I ran Bola FLC et42 on the front but with a 225 tyre. There was about 2mm clearance tyre to strut.
I tried the rear et42 alloy on the front but with a 245 tyre which was credit card tight tyre to strut.
Definitely go et40 front.

#10 ·
the correct size alloys turned up yesterday, and tyres are going to be fitted on friday, then ceramic coating at the weekend

#11 ·
the tyres were fitted today, but this happened when fitting the 3rd one

GRRRRRR

#14 ·
after many emails/phone calls, the tyre fitters have said that they will pay for a replacement wheel.

#15 ·
New wheel was fitted today, so this saga has come to a end.

Went to the store, they swapped the tyre over, drove home, removed, cleaned, ceramic coated with KKD, left in shed for 5 hours and then refitted to the car.

:)

#19 ·
Octavius said:
Did they let you keep the damaged wheel. Could be worth repairing and keeping as a spare.
they did yes, It is boxed in my shed at the mo, as a back up just incase

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.