Moderators: babybmwadmin, Rich196, Producethis, Lambster, marco_polo

Gary_LB
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Waxes, Sealants and Hybrids

Post by Gary_LB » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:09 pm

Looks amazing mate!
Now - 2018 M2 Competition, LBB, DCT.
Then - Audi S4 Black Edition, M235i, M135i, 120d M Sport Coupe, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Celica T Sport 190, VW Golf GTi Mk4, Saxo VTR

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:27 pm

Kernowlad wrote:Cheers for the SN Hybrid recommendation; easy to apply and it works a treat!

Looks great fella - top stuff SNH :-)

EB2429
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by EB2429 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:50 pm

was thinking about one of these??

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog ... cat12.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog ... cat12.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have heard both are good for white cars, but wasn't sure how they compare to Auto Glym HDW, and whether I should just buy another tub of HDW or go for what you might recommend? I have had great results with the HDW when apply 2 very light coats in 24 hours, but how do they perform? Subjective i know but i have no experience of sealants...
Whenever anyone clicks on a 'Like" icon (on Facebook or elsewhere), a popup should appear that reads: "Popularity is not the same as quality. Proceed anyway?”

Blackroc

Waxes, Sealants and Hybrids

Post by Blackroc » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:37 pm

EB2429 wrote:was thinking about one of these??

I have heard both are good for white cars, but wasn't sure how they compare to Auto Glym HDW, and whether I should just buy another tub of HDW or go for what you might recommend? I have had great results with the HDW when apply 2 very light coats in 24 hours, but how do they perform? Subjective i know but i have no experience of sealants...
When we our white M135, I looked at both of those and went Tough Coat. Very very easy to apply and buff off, but even applied over Tough Prep (the correct pre-polish to use with TC) I got no more than 8 weeks protection from it. Looks great though.

Since detailing full time though, GTechniq c2v3 out performs Tough Coat in all areas like application, looks, finish, length of protection, and best of all only costs £6!!!

ImageImage

If you want a paste sealant, look at Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid too :-)

EB2429
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by EB2429 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:59 am

Blackroc wrote:
EB2429 wrote:was thinking about one of these??

If you want a paste sealant, look at Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid too :-)
Now that would give me too many options...

Will try the GTechniq c2v3, thanks :wink:
Whenever anyone clicks on a 'Like" icon (on Facebook or elsewhere), a popup should appear that reads: "Popularity is not the same as quality. Proceed anyway?”

Gary_LB

Post by Gary_LB » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:39 am

Another recommendation for Dodo Juice SNH. I used if for the first time yesterday and it was very easy to apply and buff off, left a great shine and beading looks good today in the rain.

Thanks Blackroc and Dan116i for the recommendation!
Last edited by Gary_LB on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then - Audi S4 Black Edition, M235i, M135i, 120d M Sport Coupe, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Celica T Sport 190, VW Golf GTi Mk4, Saxo VTR

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:57 am

Gary_LB wrote:Another recommendation for Dodo Juice SNH. I used if for the first time yesterday and it was very easy to apply and buff off, left a great shine and bleeding looks good today in the rain.

I hope the bleeding wasn't from grazed knuckles ha ha!!!

Gary_LB

Post by Gary_LB » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:03 am

Blackroc wrote:
Gary_LB wrote:Another recommendation for Dodo Juice SNH. I used if for the first time yesterday and it was very easy to apply and buff off, left a great shine and bleeding looks good today in the rain.

Whoops it's time for a coffee I think lol

Now corrected :-)

Carto_Bob
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Carto_Bob » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:29 pm

Right I've been reading this thread with interest but still a bit confused. I've been using AF triple wax polish. Am I best off by finishing with a sealant like the C2V3 by Gtechniq? My car is alpine white by the way... Thanks

2010 120d MSport Coupe auto

haroon
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by haroon » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:19 pm

Gary_LB wrote:
Blackroc wrote:

Pics Gary ;) it's too bloody wet down South to attempt to wash mine, gonna try that dodo juice hybrid too

Whoops it's time for a coffee I think lol

Now corrected :-)

EB2429
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by EB2429 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:45 pm

Tried the C2v3.

I think I applied it to thick as whenever i touch and run my finger on the body i can see smearing a little, even after 48 hours. I also noticed the car looks a little different compared to the AutoGlym High definition wax I normally use, its not a worse colour hue, but i think it look slightly different. I will see what its like in a few weeks time, but i would say its worth £6 just for the ease of application. You can also use it as a quick detailer - I have about 1/2 a bottle left so may top it up with water as it apparently works. I might revert to my normal wax in the summer but i would certainly recommend it

Thanks again Blackroc, its a great product :wink:

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:05 pm

EB2429 wrote:Tried the C2v3.

I think I applied it to thick as whenever i touch and run my finger on the body i can see smearing a little, even after 48 hours. I also noticed the car looks a little different compared to the AutoGlym High definition wax I normally use, its not a worse colour hue, but i think it look slightly different. I will see what its like in a few weeks time, but i would say its worth £6 just for the ease of application. You can also use it as a quick detailer - I have about 1/2 a bottle left so may top it up with water as it apparently works. I might revert to my normal wax in the summer but i would certainly recommend it

Thanks again Blackroc, its a great product :wink:
It does indeed sound like you applied too much - spray, wipe and then buff and you should have no residue left at all. Practice makes perfect though :-)

It will offer a different finish to a wax - much more glassy against the warmer look from a wax.

HD Wax has a darkening effect on cars too - particularly noticeable on blues of reds.

Glad you liked the c2v3 though :-)

Gary_LB

Post by Gary_LB » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:27 pm

haroon wrote:
Pics Gary ;) it's too bloody wet down South to attempt to wash mine, gonna try that dodo juice hybrid too
I didn't take any mate as I haven't got any tyre dressing yet (it's next on my list) so it doesn't quite look how I want it as it doesn't look finished. I'd thoroughly recommend it though!

Blackroc

Post by Blackroc » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:40 pm

Carto_Bob wrote:Right I've been reading this thread with interest but still a bit confused. I've been using AF triple wax polish. Am I best off by finishing with a sealant like the C2V3 by Gtechniq? My car is alpine white by the way... Thanks
A sealant in my opinion looks better on a white car than a wax, and will happily sit over Tripple :-)

Carto_Bob
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Carto_Bob » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Great news cheers - how long should the interval be between polishing the wax off and applying the sealant?

2010 120d MSport Coupe auto

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”