Best liquid car wax?

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

User avatar
fez_7
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Best liquid car wax?

Post by fez_7 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Now that the weather is picking up I want to ensure my black car is nice and shiny. Basically I’m looking for a glossy showroom-look/mirror finish so I’m wondering what polish/wax do you guys use or recommend?

I’m not looking to spend too much and prefer to be able to buy something off the shelf instead of having to order online and wait for delivery.

I used the Simoniz stuff that comes in a gold tin last time. I admit it was good but it took ages to buff off so I’m thinking a liquid wax would be better this time. So something cheap, quick and easy to apply with a high-shine and long-lasting protection. Any ideas?
2013 116D EfficientDynamics

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 51668
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by marco_polo » Thu May 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Quick and easy, available from Halfords today: http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cl ... iler-650ml

It's a liquid spray so obviously won't give endless protection/shine, but it's so quick to re-apply it doesn't really matter.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

chandler
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by chandler » Thu May 10, 2018 3:42 pm

I have a decent sealent (finish kare 1000p) so top up after each wash with Autoglyms Aqua wax which brings up a nice shine. i guess you could seal before with Autoglyms Extra Gloss Protection to provide a good base.

Although the best wax I've used recently is bilthamber's double speed wax but that is really an online purchase.

baderlfc
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by baderlfc » Thu May 10, 2018 4:06 pm

Sonax Quick Detailer is by far the best product ive used for ease of application, quickness and longevity of effectiveness.

User avatar
RDowson
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by RDowson » Thu May 10, 2018 4:11 pm

The best product I've used in years is Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish. It's an aerosol spray 'wax' rather than a liquid but is increibly easy to apply, no buffing is required and it can last 12 months/100 washes!

It's genuinely brilliant, and I've used just about every product you can think of!

It's just out in the UK but has been out in the states for a while now.

Halfrauds sell it too!


User avatar
fez_7
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by fez_7 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:21 pm

Cheers guys! I looked into some of these spray waxes and was initially put off by them as they seem to be more for a temporary wax in between washes but now I’m leaning more towards them. Considering Meguiars as they seem to be good for black cars.
2013 116D EfficientDynamics

User avatar
.Griff.
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 733
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:54 pm
Location: Salop

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by .Griff. » Thu May 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Collinite 845
Gone - 135i M Sport DCT, Just picked up - SO M140i Shadow Edition 8ZF MPE

JohnnyR
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by JohnnyR » Thu May 10, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi, I don't have a black car anymore but have a bottle and a half of Poorboys Black Hole Glaze you are welcome to if you want it. I bought it for a beloved black 125i that I stupidly sold and is still miss to this day. It's a glaze not a wax so you need to put it on like a polish (light cover, let it haze then buff off then repeat for best results) then you need to wax or seal over it (I use Supernatural Hybrid now). Dead easy to use and gives a brilliant wet look. Needs a bit more time invested than just a spray wax but I guarantee that you will be well chuffed with yourself once you use this stuff. It was recommended to me by BlackRoc (see the detailing section for his brilliant tutorials) and I would rather see it used than wasted. It's a bit old school these days but still a good product in my eyes.

PM me a postal address if you want it.
Cheers
___________________
Currently - White Z4 28i
Previously - Mineral Grey F20 118i, Black Sapphire 125i M Sport coupe, Montego Blue 123d SE and Silver 118d

User avatar
fez_7
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by fez_7 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:52 pm

JohnnyR wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:40 pm
Hi, I don't have a black car anymore but have a bottle and a half of Poorboys Black Hole Glaze you are welcome to if you want it. I bought it for a beloved black 125i that I stupidly sold and is still miss to this day. It's a glaze not a wax so you need to put it on like a polish (light cover, let it haze then buff off then repeat for best results) then you need to wax or seal over it (I use Supernatural Hybrid now). Dead easy to use and gives a brilliant wet look. Needs a bit more time invested than just a spray wax but I guarantee that you will be well chuffed with yourself once you use this stuff. It was recommended to me by BlackRoc (see the detailing section for his brilliant tutorials) and I would rather see it used than wasted. It's a bit old school these days but still a good product in my eyes.

PM me a postal address if you want it.
Cheers
Sounds great! Will PM you now, thanks a lot!
2013 116D EfficientDynamics

User avatar
shrjun
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:20 am
Location: In a city

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by shrjun » Fri May 11, 2018 8:59 am

Image

wipe on wipe off wax - and can even be applied onto a slightly wet car - no durability though.

The quick detailers mentioned above are just that - detailers - only useful for a quick wipe down.
2014 F20 116i M sport manual HK audio 18" BBS CH-R Lightweight Performance front lip Storm motorwerks V2 titanium gear shift FTP motorsports intake and charge pipe Wagner Evo 2 Comp IC MHD S1

User avatar
RDowson
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by RDowson » Fri May 11, 2018 1:17 pm

shrjun wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:59 am
Image

wipe on wipe off wax - and can even be applied onto a slightly wet car - no durability though.

The quick detailers mentioned above are just that - detailers - only useful for a quick wipe down.
Megs Fast Finish isn't a quick detailler though. It's a full on dealant and it can be layered as it's pure.

User avatar
fez_7
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by fez_7 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Thanks again to JohnnyR for the Poorboys glaze, it’s reviews seem fantastic. I was going to wax my car this weekend hence why I wanted something off the shelf but now I’m going to wait for the glaze to arrive so will probably top it off with Natty’s blue liquid wax since it’s fairly cheap and should be quicker to apply and remove compared to a paste, plus it’s more durable than the sprays and contains carnauba.

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/p/ ... 0EQAvD_BwE
2013 116D EfficientDynamics

User avatar
fez_7
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by fez_7 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:36 pm

RDowson wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:11 pm
The best product I've used in years is Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish. It's an aerosol spray 'wax' rather than a liquid but is increibly easy to apply, no buffing is required and it can last 12 months/100 washes!

It's genuinely brilliant, and I've used just about every product you can think of!

It's just out in the UK but has been out in the states for a while now.

Halfrauds sell it too!
I’ve looked into this a bit more actually and now I’m thinking of going for this instead. Mainly because it’ll be so quick to apply after having spent my time glazing. What put me off initially is that it’s an aerosol and doesn’t contain carnauba but as it seems to be so durable and you still get the shine I think it could be a winner. Is it a sealant and a wax?
2013 116D EfficientDynamics

User avatar
mrash
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 7593
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 10:28 am
Location: Wigan. For now...

Re: Best liquid car wax?

Post by mrash » Sat May 12, 2018 9:06 am

The aerosol wax is intriguing. Any photos of the results from using it?
please take time to just ask someone how they are. Kindness costs nothing, but means everything.

Post Reply

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”