Baby BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A quick way to find VIN from registration no.

178K views 84 replies 41 participants last post by  Nyxeris 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Handy resource to find the VIN of a vehicle from the registration mark. A few of these sites are about but often disappear or remove this functionality. Useful for looking up the build sheet of a prospective purchase in conjunction with online VIN decoders.

These sites tend to come and go, so I'll start and attempt to maintain a list below of sites/resources that work. If anyone has a new link to be added, please reply to the thread and I'll update this post. Thanks.

VIN from Registration: Working:
See doml_w's post here - confirmed working 23/04/2022

VIN from Registration: Not Working:
^^ still gives some useful info, just not VIN
^^ BMW / Mini (provides VIN and model), other marques provides VIN only.
** Open the page, hit F12 if using Chrome, pop your reg into the box and submit. Select the 'Network' tab at the top, scroll down to the "services/" sub heading under the 'Name' column and your requested VIN should be there in the response tab. See this post for more info (hint, open the image in a new tab to see at full resolution). If anyone can find an updated link for the servicing page, this might work again.

VIN decoders: Working
^^ not very useful, my VIN gives errors, may be country specific
^^ not always online, but probably the best decoder
^^ copy and paste URL into to translate to English

VIN decoders: Not Working
^^ this one now seems to be a paid service to decode the VIN

See less See more
#4 ·
Major_Sarcasm said:
Handy resource to find the VIN of a vehicle from the registration mark. A few of these sites are about but often disappear or remove this functionality. Useful for looking up the build sheet of a prospective purchase in conjunction with online VIN decoders.

<-- pop the registration in there and search. Hey presto, engine size, bhp and the all-important (complete) VIN.
This no longer works nor does the blueprint live site.

Has anyone got any alternatives ?

#16 ·
zzr600jay said:
FreeCarCheck said:
I can do reverse VIN lookups, i.e. if you want the reg plate from the VIN or vice versa. Are you still looking?
Hi there can you still do this ? Need help with finding vin number from reg !
This site currently works too:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.