1SERIES QUAIFE TORSEN LSD DIFF GROUP BUY # 2

All other aftermarket mods

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, Producethis, babybmwadmin

Do you need a QUAIFE LSD diff??

I don't know what that is?
4%
I know what it is, but don't know how does it "transform" the car?
No votes
I know about it but it's too expencive!
60%
I need one and I'm seriously interested in group buy price!
24%
I already own one and couldn' recommend it more.
12%
My name is Kevin Birds and I sell Quaife :)
No votes

Total votes: 25

kennman
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

1SERIES QUAIFE TORSEN LSD DIFF GROUP BUY # 2

Post by kennman »

Okay, got the price quote from Kevin @ Birdsauto...
He wants (VAT included) for the LSD, the code for our cars(1 series) is QUAIFE QDF 14N.
It is the same as is built into E46 3 series (the same product number)

I think if there are at least 5 of us, he would consider offering us a group buy discount.

If any of you are wanting to get a LSD for a long long time, this would be a perfect opportunity!
I've read millions of treads on numerous forums and dont know really why LSD wasn't my first MOD??? It transforms the car totaly!!! I cant believe I didnt think of getting one sooner! The acceleration is fantastic, cornering is amazing and drifting becomes predictable and FUN!

I guess the reason not even to think about the diff was the fact that it's expencive.
So, if we are able to shave a 10% off the £1,020.00 price, that would be awesome! Thats £102 cheaper - a money it takes time to earn!

So, please if you are interested, write a reply and just say "count me in" or something like that. That way I would be able to negotiate a group buy discount at Birds. As I wouldn't buy anywhere else.

Reply!!

ND40oz
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: 1SERIES QUAIFE TORSEN LSD DIFF GROUP BUY # 2

Post by ND40oz »

The diff isn't really the expensive part, it's cutting off the ring gear from the carrier and drilling it out so it can bolted to the quaife that's what costs so much. Does this price include all of that?
09 135i 6MT
13 X5 35i ZMP
13 Tiguan SEL 4motion

markhurley
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markhurley »

I would defo be interested in this is there a total price including vat ?

Thanks mark
130i Birds B1 suspension,M3 front arms,M3 rear arms,Powerflex inserts ,BMWP strut brace,M135i front brake's,BMWP rear brake's, 28mm M3 front roll bar,20mm white line rear roll bar ,Quaife LSD,MPSCup2tyre's,Carbotech pads.

sootyvrs
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by sootyvrs »

Birds did a 10% discount for Babybmw members unless he's now stopped it.

See here -
http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6031" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did a group buy a few years back now which worked out well :)
My BabyBMW's with some Pork inbetween :D
2018 F56 Mini Cooper D Man
2018 F87 BMW M2 DCT
2017 F21 BMW M140i Auto
2015 F56 Mini Cooper S Man
2013 F20 BMW M135i Auto
2010 R56 Mini Cooper D Man
2007 E87 BMW 130i Man

kennman
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by kennman »

@ND40oz: which make is your car? I asked Kevin @ Birdsauto and my final gear is bolted and not welded. Which means there is no extra cost or welding included!

@sootyvrs : yea, I know, that group buy is not active any more. That's why the name of this "new" thread holds a #2 ! :P

@markhurley: actually this price INCLUDES VAT. Without VAT its £850.
Shipping price quote to my country (Slovenia) is another £50, so inland UK should be like £10.

Guys, let's make this group buy work again!

Here's a cool thread to read:
http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19954" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anybody who has installed it- is thrilled!
I spent a lot of $$$ upgrading my suspension, but I see I should have gone for the Diff first. Of course it's much easier to put down a 100 quid and another 200, rather than paying a 1000 quid at once!

Greetz!

Igor

ND40oz
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by ND40oz »

135i manuals (N54 and N55) and DCTs (N55) are all welded, if you have an N54 auto, then it's bolted. Not sure about the other models, but having a welded diff sucks since it costs more to install then the lsd costs.
09 135i 6MT
13 X5 35i ZMP
13 Tiguan SEL 4motion

kennman
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by kennman »

@Mark: This is the price quote for the LSD only. Because our engines and drivetrains differ (ones are welded, others bolted, there are some differences between 1 series and 3 series...) this is for the LSD itself.

I agree we'd have different price quotes in the end, depending on our car model, but in my opinion, if we can deduct a 10% off a 1000+ GBP car part, I'm in for it!

There's also a little something I started....

http://www.mojalbum.com/beckerplast/after/foto/19984552

kennman
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by kennman »

if Mark123 permits.... this is what he thinks of the QUAIFE...

Hi all the diff went in today and i have to say it has transformed the way the car drives the ratio's have massively improved the way the car pulls and how it drives on the motorway/duel carriageway for example the car is now capable of sitting at 130mph at 3000rpm still pulling in 5th with more revs and another gear to go. Also first and second gear pulls really well and the longer ratios make them so much more usable.

As for the LSD the car has a phenomenal amount of grip now and drives even better than i ever expected even in the sh*te weather we've had today...

kennman
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by kennman »

Okay people!!!!!

Just got an email from Kevin @ Birdsauto!! And I have some interesting news for you!!

THE GROUP BUY discount is REACTIVATED AGAIN!!!

I just got an answer directly from Kevin @ BIRDSauto, regarding a group buy for a QUAIFE LSD for our BMWs! He is willing to reactivate the group buy discount as long as there are at least 5 completed orders. The discount mentioned is 10%. Which I think is amazing!

So, dear fellow BMW fans, all you have to do is fill out the data via Birdsauto website for your vehicle!! - here's the link:
http://www.birdsauto.com/parts/24389" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and write down the word "GROUPBUY + your forum nickname".
The offer is opened until 30th September, so hurry up! And also, it is Europe+UK based!!

I'm IN! I already ordered one for me, so please drop a note here if you ordered one too!

It's for BMW, all series and all models, bolted or welded crown wheel! ( The only 1 series that has a welded crownwheel is the 135i and 123d manual transmission cars)

kennman
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by kennman »

could the 2 guys who voted they want quaife LSD, please PM me?
Thanks!

Igor

kennman
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by kennman »

ND40oz wrote:135i manuals (N54 and N55) and DCTs (N55) are all welded, if you have an N54 auto, then it's bolted. Not sure about the other models, but having a welded diff sucks since it costs more to install then the lsd costs.

hEY THERE , I FOUND OUT THIS: The only 1 series that has a welded crownwheel is the 135i and 123d manual transmission cars.

kennman
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by kennman »

hey guys, what's up? Anybody considering ordering a Quaife limited diff?

I look at this as an investment.

I'll buy the Quaife LSD, have it installed and I have a lifetime warranty on that (Quaife gives lifetime warranty as the diff is indestructible and it doesn't wear such as those cluch type diffs do)

So, I drive it as much as I want and when/if I sell the car, I simply take it out and sell it separately! For let's say -20%. Just to be fair.

And you get your 800 pounds back!

Am I the only one to think in this way? :) :)

marco_polo

Post by marco_polo »

You're the only one that's got any money!
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

kennman
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by kennman »

marco_polo wrote:You're the only one that's got any money!
:band:

hahahaha:)

I sure hope you're wrong! :)

did you see my way of saving money for a Quaife? I posted a pic a few posts ago....

Rjudgey

Post by Rjudgey »

You would be very lucky to get £800 for a 2nd hand diff!! Even if it is a Quaife and they have a lifetime warranty doesn't mean it won't go wrong they do wear out! lol! Just part of the service and why you pay so much!! Plus you'd have to have it complete so you'd have to source a 2nd hand stock diff to swap it out with again later on.

Would love to get one but just isn't needed at the moment and at these prices my missus's would kill me as it's halfway to cost of us getting married! lol!
120d Msport, Leather, HK 7 Sound, LED plate lights, Goodyear Assym 2, ECOTUNE I flash, 2.5" Downpipe & Exhaust, EGR gone, Modded air intake/box, HG intercooler, Eibach kit, Eibach ARB, powerflex bushes, M3 wishbones, M3 tension arms, BMWP brakes.

Return to “Aftermarket modifications”