Baby BMW Forum banner

M135i 2016 exhaust.

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  swight 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, hope your well.
I'm looking for an exhaust upgrade. Just want to know if anybody has got a turbo back system. Or if they are happy with a cat back.
Also wondering if I do go cat back I'd want a miltek. Can anybody recommend a garage around Yorkshire for a good fitted price.
Also not sure if I should get a valved system. Don't want to wake the neighbours up on a morning.
Whats the play like for tip parameters. If I wanted a defuser.
Cheers, tim

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Turbo back would involve the downpipe of course, so sports cat or decat. That's a decision in itself.

Perhaps the smartest move for sound, performance and keeping it legal would be a sports cat.

If it's just sound you're after then cat-back or a rear silencer such as the m performance exhaust.

Keep in mind the milltek exhausts for the m135i don't have a valve, strange they kept it on the m235i but not the 1.

Whatever you choose, expect the cold start to be fairly rowdy. I have an MPE with a resonator delete, although it's valved it's not like it's silent when closed and asbo when open, doesn't seem to make an awful lot of difference at least form where I'm sat.

#3 ·
mtechtone said:
Turbo back would involve the downpipe of course, so sports cat or decat. That's a decision in itself.

Perhaps the smartest move for sound, performance and keeping it legal would be a sports cat.

If it's just sound you're after then cat-back or a rear silencer such as the m performance exhaust.

Keep in mind the milltek exhausts for the m135i don't have a valve, strange they kept it on the m235i but not the 1.

Whatever you choose, expect the cold start to be fairly rowdy. I have an MPE with a resonator delete, although it's valved it's not like it's silent when closed and asbo when open, doesn't seem to make an awful lot of difference at least form where I'm sat.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah hopefully the cold start shouldn't be to much of an issue as I start her up at about 7:30am ish.
Miltek don't do a turbo back for the 2016 135i :(
Guess I need to do more research.

#6 ·
Hi, I have a Miltek cat back race on my 2016 m135i.

Sounds great, not too loud and cold start is bearable in my opinion!

There is a bit of adjustment for the tips. Up and down, left to right and and the amount they stick out if you know what i mean.

Am near Leeds if you want to have a look.

#7 ·
swight said:
Hi, I have a Miltek cat back race on my 2016 m135i.

Sounds great, not too loud and cold start is bearable in my opinion!

There is a bit of adjustment for the tips. Up and down, left to right and and the amount they stick out if you know what i mean.

Am near Leeds if you want to have a look.
Cheers for the reply mate. Ive ordered the miltek Road catback today [emoji846]
Not sure if I should have got the race though. I can still change it as they said there is a 5 week wait time.
Glad there is adjustment, that's another weight off my mind.
Might see you around Yorkshire sometime [emoji3][emoji106]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.