Lippo's E82 120d with retrofit BT, CC, Leather & Xenons

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

rob-the-viking
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Lippo's 120d SE Coupe with added BT, CC & Leather

Post by rob-the-viking » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Mate.

Only just caught this thread! Good mods so far, and I'm glad your coding is working! SSS s a dog to set up, it's all about using the correct changes CD, which one are you using?

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lippo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:09 pm

rob-the-viking wrote:Mate.

Only just caught this thread! Good mods so far, and I'm glad your coding is working! SSS s a dog to set up, it's all about using the correct changes CD, which one are you using?
Hi Rob!

TBH, I don't know what SSS CD I'm using!! It's the same one that came with the DIS that worked. It was a VM image, so I assumed that it would work straight off, but it wouldn't recognise the cable. I'm sure it was only something simple that I was missing, but I couldn't locate whatever it was.

The main thing to get right was the DIS installation, and thanks to you, I was able to do this and reset the steering sensor.

What exactly is SSS used for?
120d SE Coupe, Sparkling Graphite Grey. Added BMW Bluetooth, Full Leather Interior, Cruise Control, 261M's, Retrofit OEM Xenon's.
My Ride

rob-the-viking
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by rob-the-viking » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:42 pm

On a 1 series, SSS can be used for coding and software updates mate. I use it on my E39 to adjust the CKM (car key momory) but that's all done on the dash on newer models. Setting things like autolock, DRL's etc.

Personally I'd not bother for a 1 series. Use winkfp to update modules if you need to.

oliver
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by oliver » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:49 pm

HI, good work...how did you code the digital speedo? Do you have a tutorial or link perhaps?

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lippo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:24 pm

oliver wrote:HI, good work...how did you code the digital speedo? Do you have a tutorial or link perhaps?
I'll try and find the guide I used, are you familiar with INPA or NCSExpert?
120d SE Coupe, Sparkling Graphite Grey. Added BMW Bluetooth, Full Leather Interior, Cruise Control, 261M's, Retrofit OEM Xenon's.
My Ride

oliver

Post by oliver » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Erm...no. But I'll just pass it on to my mechanic who can do the coding, I've got no idea when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks for the help, it's a great option that should be accessible as standard. Does it give a true speed? Or is it slightly over as with the speedo?

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lippo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:52 pm

oliver wrote:Erm...no. But I'll just pass it on to my mechanic who can do the coding, I've got no idea when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks for the help, it's a great option that should be accessible as standard. Does it give a true speed? Or is it slightly over as with the speedo?
You're in luck - it can give the speedo needle speed or true speed (which I found annoying when I tried it).

I've got a PDF which explains it all very well, and has the digital speedo details near the bottom. Not sure how to upload a document to this forum, so pm me your email and I'll send it to you.
My Ride

oliver

Post by oliver » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:11 pm

PM sent. cheers

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lippo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:42 pm

Finally installed the Depo's this morning. I put the LED T5 bulbs in a couple of days ago, came in a little bag;

Took the front bumper off, quite easy as it happens, didn't bother to disconnect the fogs, the bumper wedged nicely under the engine tray;

Here we are;

At night;

The headlamp adjuster was easy to transfer over. It was a bit hit and miss with re-aligning the headlamps but it seems to have gone ok. I've left in the Osram Nightbreaker Plus as the dipped beam. They aren't too bad, but the light output is slightly down on the standard headlamps. Ok to drive though. However I have my HID's from my old beezer that I may end up fitting for winter.

The photo's as usual don't do them justice, well worth the price!
Last edited by Lippo on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Ride

nabz-2p
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Lippo's 120d SE Coupe with added BT, CC, Leather & Depo's

Post by nabz-2p » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:08 am

Looking good mate!
BMW 118d M-Sport EfDy: Exterior Light Package, Interior Ambient Lights, Adaptive Head Lights, Cruise, 013s,147s, EarthQuakes powered by Alpine MRP-M350 *216's once refurbed!*

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Lippo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:54 am

nabz-2p wrote:Looking good mate!
Cheers Nabz, not as good as your OEM's but they'll do.
My Ride

nabz-2p
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by nabz-2p » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:36 am

Lippo wrote:
nabz-2p wrote:Looking good mate!
Cheers Nabz, not as good as your OEM's but they'll do.
At least you can have the white halo's which I'll never be able to achieve.
BMW 118d M-Sport EfDy: Exterior Light Package, Interior Ambient Lights, Adaptive Head Lights, Cruise, 013s,147s, EarthQuakes powered by Alpine MRP-M350 *216's once refurbed!*

oliver

Re: Lippo's 120d SE Coupe with added BT, CC, Leather & Depo'

Post by oliver » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:11 pm

nabz you can't achieve white halos? you tried LED or HID? seen it done with 3 series to great effect.

nabz-2p
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by nabz-2p » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:25 pm

oliver wrote:nabz you can't achieve white halos? you tried LED or HID? seen it done with 3 series to great effect.
Ive not really looked into the HID options. Ive tried two LED bulbs but they give a kind of patchy look. Bright where the LEDs are and a bit dimmer between the two LEDs.

I like the LUX but two expensive right now. Any bulbs that you know of that have been used?

Lippo
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Lippo's 120d SE Coupe with added BT, CC, Leather & Depo'

Post by Lippo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:44 pm

nabz-2p wrote:
oliver wrote:nabz you can't achieve white halos? you tried LED or HID? seen it done with 3 series to great effect.
Ive not really looked into the HID options. Ive tried two LED bulbs but they give a kind of patchy look. Bright where the LEDs are and a bit dimmer between the two LEDs.

I like the LUX but two expensive right now. Any bulbs that you know of that have been used?
I'm only guessing, but I assume your AE bulbs are T5 size, so they'd take the LEDs I've linked to a couple of posts above. No errors, nice and bright.
My Ride

Return to “Members Cars”