Baby BMW Forum banner

FRS3052's M2 Competition + NC500 trip

10K views 67 replies 12 participants last post by  RyStarr 
#1 ·
Like I did with my m140 thought I'd start a thread showing any changes I make to the car or what I'm doing in…. Might make for slow progress on this one as I did vow not to spend money on it 🥴😂

This is how I picked it up. It's a 2019 M2 Comp DCT with 'M2 Plus Pack & M2 Comfort Pack. The previous owner had also treated it to a couple of welcomed additions. Like my M140 I will continue to embrace the OEM+ look with the M2 😀👍

Current mods are;

M Performance Carbon Splitter
M Performance Carbon Grille
M Performance Carbon Wing Mirrors
Eibach Springs
Back box painted Matt Black to try and disguise the massive ball bag look 😂

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great, Hockenheim Silver really suits the M2, it's a great colour, the same as Mini's White Silver.

--

#3 ·
A couple of days into ownership I acquired this 😭😭😭😭

Still have absolutely no idea how it happened but devastated doesn't begin to describe how I was feeling. This was compounded when starting to talk to dent removal places that were all saying they weren't sure whether they could remove it as they believed it was on a spot that was double or triple skinned (can't remember now).

I decided to go with the guy that took some tricky dents out of my m140 and have to say he's bloody brilliant… here's a screen grab from the video he sent me after removal

If anyone in the Cheshire and Staffordshire area needs dents removing I'd highly recommend iDentify - PDR Paintless Dent Removal 👍

#4 ·
50pence said:
Looks great, Hockenheim Silver really suits the M2, it's a great colour, the same as Mini's White Silver.

--
Thanks 😀👍

Ironically HS wasn't even on my list, really didn't like the colour looking at pics. I wanted Orange but the deal on the car was too good to pass up and was ideal spec / mod list for me.

The colours really grown on me and I'm so glad I got this colour now, love how many different colours it can be depending on light, I've learnt that it looks way better in the flesh than it photographs

#6 ·
The car has been ceramic coated which is new territory for me. I am partial to wiping out the machine polisher and giving the car a good buffing.

However short term that's a thing of the past and I've had to research maintenance products for the coating where I've found a new brand and product that I'm very impressed with.

Never have I used an easier product.

You literally spray it on to a wet car and jet was off 🤯 I'm not sure that I can ever go back to hand waxing after using this.

It's claimed to have 12 weeks protection so I've given the misses car a spray over with it as well to see how it lasts on a car with no prior prep or treatment.

For now though it's getting some good beading and sheeting results on the M2 😎👍😀

#7 ·
As I slowly get used to the M2 and start pushing on a bit more and having some more spirited drives and even less spirited drives there was one thing that was really getting on my nerves.

The suspension.

Now having been here with the m140 this could be a can of worms being opened here but I just can't get on with it. The combination of eibachs and oem dampers is crap.

The rear of the car skips at times over mid corner bumps, you can generate under steer although that's likely geo, the ride is hard and fidgety when pottering around to the point my kids were refusing to travel in the car as it made them feel sick… although no kids in the car could be a plus point for the suspension 😂😂

Long term there is no way I could put up with it. So I did a thing 😎👍

Litchfields Bilstein coilover kit 😀😎

#8 ·
That's lovely; HS is a colour that doesn't photograph very well but always looks fab in the flesh.

The cows udder exhaust is such a shame in these, good job on painting it black.

I'd have left the suspension and had a child free zone; no greasy finger prints no foot prints from clambering in and out :lol2:

#10 ·
Absolutely loving this car. It's not just a buyers placebo effect (I hope 😂) the Litchfield suspension is mega. The car remains stiff but it just soaks up the bumps, really comfortable and conpliant yet really sharp and responsive at the same time.

I'm even warning to the angry lawnmower sound track the car has 😂

Couldn't resist stopping for a few snaps during an early morning run out #sadgit 😂

9 gif

#15 ·
When the misses says she wants to go somewhere nice for tea and tells you to chose 🤔 Apparently the Michelin symbol on the outside of a restaurant doesn't always mean it's Michelin stared &#x1f937-2642;😂

Had a run down to Caffeine & Machine today. Never been before, really liked it and was suitably impressed that they did proper tea (Yorkshire). As it was my 1st time thought I'd be as touristy as possible and get as many pics as I could in the obligatory photo spots based on what I've seen from other people 👍😂

And some snaps of some of the other cars that were there 👍😎

#16 ·
I always enjoy my trips to C&M.

I went Thursday night abs it was properly busy.

What did your other half think of it? Mine quite likes it and she's not really bothered about cars.

#17 ·
SamM140 said:

What did your other half think of it? Mine quite likes it and she's not really bothered about cars.
She actually really enjoyed it and would go back… think the range of Gins that they had helped sway her with that one 😂

Even the kids liked it there, probably a bit much for our youngest (7) who isn't into cars but our eldest (10) really enjoyed it, especially seeing such a range of old and new stuff and things that you really don't see every day

#18 ·
frs3052 said:
SamM140 said:

She actually really enjoyed it and would go back… think the range of Gins that they had helped sway her with that one 😂

Even the kids liked it there, probably a bit much for our youngest (7) who isn't into cars but our eldest (10) really enjoyed it, especially seeing such a range of old and new stuff and things that you really don't see every day
Good stuff. My little boy (7) gets bored there. He'd rather play in the woods to be fair :lol2:

#19 ·
Had my 1st proper run out in the M2 this weekend.

A 2 day run over the boarder has seen 600 miles covered across Wales' finest A and B roads….

It's seen more time than I was expecting spent here 🤐🥴😂

And I think it's safe to say the cars now in real need of a bath 😟🤔

What a car though. I'm completely smitten with it and very glad that I stopped being a tight git and took the plunge. It's got just enough power to be a properly quick car across these types of roads, enough power to occasionally get your heart pumping faster and your pants filled with brown when the rear steps out at the national speed limit.

The sounds growing on me, I like it when you're on it and chasing revs although I think an equal length midpipe has made my shipping list.

Brakes could do with some better fluid, you can get them hot enough to get a long peddle which I wasn't expecting on road miles.

And the Litchfield suspension remains mega. It's so good, really compliant, communicative, clichéd… it's like it's on rails 😂😎😂 It just deals with everything so well. Big compressions multiple quick succession bumps, nothing seems to effect it.

#20 ·
frs3052 said:

The sounds growing on me, I like it when you're on it and chasing revs although I think an equal length midpipe has made my shipping list.
I've done the OPF delete, my Ecu was locked so went down the route of the plug in deleter from MANHART instead of tune, I started off remote operated valve control with the pcw mid box delete and rear box mod and it was still too quite, now it's totally transformed the car and sound it makes really is something else, it also feels more responsible, only downside is cold start is very loud so your neighbours may take a dislike to you.

#21 ·
CABLE-TIE said:
frs3052 said:

I've done the OPF delete, my Ecu was locked so went down the route of the plug in deleter from MANHART instead of tune, I started off remote operated valve control with the pcw mid box delete and rear box mod and it was still too quite, now it's totally transformed the car and sound it makes really is something else, it also feels more responsible, only downside is cold start is very loud so your neighbours may take a dislike to you.
Thanks for the info, that's good to know. At the moment the neighbours like the car so might give them the heads up before hand if (when) I go down that route 👍

#22 ·
This weekends run out was accompanied by another M2 Competition, a track prepped Megane and a Lamborghini Huracan 😎

Day 1 saw us starting from Pontypool. Staff shortages meant no breakfast at the hotel, so off we went to Maccy's for breakfast for our early morning start.

The day would see us heading north via the Brecon Beacons, Triabad, Llanwrtwd Wells and the Devils Staircase, then a loop round Machinlyth to Llanidloes and back down to our overnight stay in Aberystwyth.

Excuse the varying picture quality… some taken on a proper camera and others on an old iPhone 🙄👍

You always know your nice and rural though when you're greated by this 😂👍

#23 ·
Day 2 saw similar mileage awaiting us

Starting with a run over Devils Bridge and into Elan Valley.

Then the "commute" north seeing us do Llanidloes to Machinlyth in the opposite direction on route then up snowdondia, betws y coed, festinigog and ending in Denbigh before heading home

#25 ·
Yeah there are. Think we're going to go back before the weather turns and do some roads we like that we had to miss off this trip due to not having enough time.

I can't wait to get back to Scotland in this car but that's going to have to wait until next year