Nyxeris' E81 130i

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: Lambster, babybmwadmin, Rich196, Producethis, marco_polo

J0sephx
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: E81 130i with stuff™

Post by J0sephx »

Yeah I get that sorry.

I’m on about the E82 Coupe 135i brakes!
E87 130i : Bilstein B12 suspension, M3 steering rack, M3 front arms, M3 rear arms, Whiteline subframe inserts, M140i front callipers, BMWP rear callipers, E93 M3 front ARB, M3 rear ARB, LSD, 135i exhaust, Res delete, SSK, E46 M3 gearbox mounts
Nyxeris
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Nyxeris »

Thanks to Cotswold getting the replacement hardline (which came pre-bent and with unions) to me in record time... I'm done :fest:

Just been out for a quick bedding-in, pedal feel is much more progressive, appearance is obviously loads better. Very happy with the outcome, will get some better pics once the car's had a wash :mrgreen:

Also snuck in the Mishimoto intake boot & EZP air scoops (aFe clone) whilst I had the bonnet open. The boot deletes the resonator and the 130i/Z4 specific noisemaker that pipes sound into the cabin. It's definitely not as loud inside but the exhaust note does seem slightly less droney at low revs and slighly more raspy at high revs so I'd say they were worthwhile. Couldn't find any actual evidence that the boot has any effect on power positive or negative, scoops probably do absolutely f**k all at legal speeds too, but that wasn't the point lol. Will grab a BMWP filter at some point and see what difference that makes to the sound.

E81 130i | Build Thread
───────────────────────────
Click here for BabyBMW stickers!
Heppy997
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Heppy997 »

Look good those! Gonna be doing this job in the next few weeks, I think I'll order the hardlines in advance :lol: Also, do you need new mounting bolts for the front calipers? I have new for the rears but not fronts...
Fettled E81 130i
Nyxeris

Post by Nyxeris »

Heppy997 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:35 pm Look good those! Gonna be doing this job in the next few weeks, I think I'll order the hardlines in advance :lol: Also, do you need new mounting bolts for the front calipers? I have new for the rears but not fronts...
Cheers, yours look bloody lovely in Phoenix yellow! Maybe check with Cotswold before you buy the lines, apparently not all of them come ready to install as they’d be impossible to ship pre-bent.

The front bolts have been redesigned for all F-chassis cars (are now a male torx, E14 I think) but supposedly the old ones should be compatible. I ordered new ones to be on the safe side if any were stuck as I had a mare with them on the last car!
E81 130i | Build Thread
holland130i
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by holland130i »

great job!! brakes look fantastic!!

i also have the silicone tube fitted and it wont give you any power gains(maybe a little in mid revs,but not really noticable) it did however sharpen up the throttle response even more...not much,but the engine seems to want to rev up even more willingly than without the tube!!

I notice this at best after putting high octane fuel in the tank...!
:D

Mark.
Heppy997
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Heppy997 »

Nyxeris wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:06 pm
Heppy997 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:35 pm Look good those! Gonna be doing this job in the next few weeks, I think I'll order the hardlines in advance :lol: Also, do you need new mounting bolts for the front calipers? I have new for the rears but not fronts...
Cheers, yours look bloody lovely in Phoenix yellow! Maybe check with Cotswold before you buy the lines, apparently not all of them come ready to install as they’d be impossible to ship pre-bent.

The front bolts have been redesigned for all F-chassis cars (are now a male torx, E14 I think) but supposedly the old ones should be compatible. I ordered new ones to be on the safe side if any were stuck as I had a mare with them on the last car!

Thanks, hopefully they look good against the black. Ah! I did wonder that. I think I’ll buy a flaring tool instead, just in case the nut gets screwed up I can chop it off and reflare it. Worst case anyway, hopefully they’ll crack off nicely....cheers for the heads up!
Fettled E81 130i
marco_polo

Post by marco_polo »

Nice job, they look ace.

Weird question of the day, how do they feel/sound? Can you tell those particular discs are grooved from inside the cabin?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - M4 LCA's

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate
Twenny

Re: E81 130i with stuff[emoji769]

Post by Twenny »

marco_polo wrote:Nice job, they look ace.

Weird question of the day, how do they feel/sound? Can you tell those particular discs are grooved from inside the cabin?
I can answer that MP.

It sounds like a swarm of crickets in the distance constantly clicking.

And when you brake the swarm is in the cabin, they’re all over you, CLICKING LOUDLY!!!! Arghhhhh fcuk get them off me!!!!

If you’ve followed or read my thread over the years you’ll know clicking discs isn’t one of my favourite sounds lol

2018 F80 M3CP San Marino - not yet crashed
2017 F80 M3CP Silverstone II - crashed

2010 E82 125i Black - sold
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60951
Nyxeris

Post by Nyxeris »

Twenny wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:35 pm
marco_polo wrote: Weird question of the day, how do they feel/sound? Can you tell those particular discs are grooved from inside the cabin?
I can answer that MP.

And when you brake the swarm is in the cabin, they’re all over you, CLICKING LOUDLY!!!! Arghhhhh fcuk get them off me!!!!

If you’ve followed or read my thread over the years you’ll know clicking discs isn’t one of my favourite sounds lol
:lol: They were like that before bedding in but I've done about 40 miles since then and they've quietened right down. Can't hear them at all with the windows up now.
E81 130i | Build Thread
Nyxeris

Post by Nyxeris »

holland130i wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:35 am great job!! brakes look fantastic!!

i also have the silicone tube fitted and it wont give you any power gains(maybe a little in mid revs,but not really noticable) it did however sharpen up the throttle response even more...not much,but the engine seems to want to rev up even more willingly than without the tube!!

I notice this at best after putting high octane fuel in the tank...!
:D

Mark.
Thanks! Honestly the only difference I noticed was the sound, which is all I expected/wanted. Car always gets 99 octane anyway, seems to gain me 3-4mpg as well as feeling nicer on the butt dyno!
E81 130i | Build Thread
Twenny

Post by Twenny »

Nyxeris wrote:
marco_polo wrote: Weird question of the day, how do they feel/sound? Can you tell those particular discs are grooved from inside the cabin?
I can answer that MP.

:lol: They were like that before bedding in but I've done about 40 miles since then and they've quietened right down. Can't hear them at all with the windows up now.
Yeah with windows up you can’t hear it too much unless you pass a wall close by then the sound is amplified.

But unless it’s below 5 degrees my windows are always open- engine note with the BMWP exhaust /intake/silicone boot is just music to my ears - over the sound of the brakes lol

2018 F80 M3CP San Marino - not yet crashed
2017 F80 M3CP Silverstone II - crashed

2010 E82 125i Black - sold
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60951
Nyxeris

Post by Nyxeris »

Twenny wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:19 pm Yeah with windows up you can’t hear it too much unless you pass a wall close by then the sound is amplified.

But unless it’s below 5 degrees my windows are always open- engine note with the BMWP exhaust /intake/silicone boot is just music to my ears - over the sound of the brakes lol
When I have a better intake & exhaust to drown out the crickets I'll spend more time with the windows down... For now I'm just getting my money's worth out of the Alpine upgrade lol!
E81 130i | Build Thread
Dan258
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Dan258 »

Twenny wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:19 pm
Nyxeris wrote:

I can answer that MP.

Yeah with windows up you can’t hear it too much unless you pass a wall close by then the sound is amplified.

Agree with Twenny on this one! Had grooves and the clicking wound me up so much I got some plain discs to replace and sold the others
BMW 130i e87 Black Sapphire 2008 M Sport - BMWP Exhaust, BMWP Air Filter, M135i Front Brakes, Bilstein B12, M3 LCAs, M3 Front ARB, Camber Pin Mod, Darklines, 12mm Spacers
J0sephx
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by J0sephx »

Nyxeris wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:25 pm Stuff
Hey bud,

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3956803773

This is what i’m fitting to my rear they just bolt on!

And these don’t come out often & these are cheap. (Also says best offer)

Just had mine refurb and sprayed to match the front M135i (blue m ones)

Get it done 🌚
E87 130i : Bilstein B12 suspension, M3 steering rack, M3 front arms, M3 rear arms, Whiteline subframe inserts, M140i front callipers, BMWP rear callipers, E93 M3 front ARB, M3 rear ARB, LSD, 135i exhaust, Res delete, SSK, E46 M3 gearbox mounts
Nyxeris

Post by Nyxeris »

J0sephx wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:52 am Get it done 🌚
Cheers dude, fingers crossed they stick around as there's just no way I can sneak them past the bank balance at the moment :cry:
E81 130i | Build Thread

Return to “Members Cars”