Baby BMW Forum banner

Le Mans blue 135i N54 project

5K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Lee H 
#1 ·
Recently sold my 996 911 and finally managed to get hold of a 135i at a reasonable price with good options (off here incidently). Really wanted a manual car with N54 and CIC I drive so quite hard to find.

Already had eibach lowering springs and seller included filters and JB4 with the car so my future plans involve downpipes, intercooler, charge pipe and BOV.

So far have fitted the JB4 and filters, some black kidney grilles and debadged the rear. Today I removed the camber pins and went for alignment after freeing off the track rods.

Next job is a pair of rear tyres and get the small accident damage to the rear bumper sorted. Also the steering wheel surround needs attention as it hasn't had the best paint job, I assume it was peeling.

Few pictures.

See less See more
#4 ·
Rang BMW on Monday for some new mats and have ended up with a BMW performance exhaust and some darkline rear lights as well. Should be here today. Basically turning the car back to how it was originally.

I prefer it to my 911 so far, it's comfier and feels better built, however it doesn't feel as nimble and special. The common engine problems with the 911 were always at the back of my mind and the paranoia got the better of me, those things make the N54 look reliable.

#9 ·
Lee H said:
I prefer it to my 911 so far, it's comfier and feels better built, however it doesn't feel as nimble and special.
M3 arms make a huge amount of difference for the money, the camber pin mod on the front will also help a bit. Ive put quite a fair amount of work into mine and TBF its still not as nimble as a 911 but will grip just as much, I find it more rewarding than a 996/997 for sure :)

#10 ·
It just feels a bit more wobbly/wallowy than the 911, hard to describe really. Not wanting to do more suspension stuff yet but M3 arms are in the future. Quite happy with how much camber I managed without them.

So latest updates are exhaust backbox went on, wasn't loud enough so fitted the Y pipe as well and sounds nice now.

Two new rear tyres fitted on Tuesday so now on the same brand all round. Had three different ones originally which doesn't work with my OCD.

Rear bumper coming off tonight and being dropped off with a friend for repair, hopefully be back on Monday. Have also ordered the rieger diffuser in gloss black as the standard rear looks too plain.

Expensive game this!

#12 ·
I've just fitted some of THETYRANT's camber plates and they have made a very positive difference to the front end bite and grip. I'd be doing handling mods on the e82 before cosmetic mods personally as the chassis isn't the best in standard form and really gets shown up once you add more power.

#16 ·
Got rear bumper repaired now and also had my mate go over a few other bits of bodywork and fill in a few of the bigger stone chips in the front end. Not ideal but takes your eye off them a bit.

Hopefully diffuser will arrive this coming week and the cosmetic mods are finished so I can move onto go faster mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.