BMW 118D 2014 AUDIO & USB HELP!

Check here to find out more about ICE, Satellite Navigation, Telecoms etc.

Moderators: babybmwadmin, Producethis, marco_polo, Lambster, Rich196

DE97

BMW 118D 2014 AUDIO & USB HELP!

Post by DE97 »

Hi all,

So I picked up a 2014 BMW 1 Series 118D a couple of days ago and am struggling massively with the audio adjustment.

First and foremost, the car has Bluetooth - great, but I cannot play music this way; even when I connected the phone via Bluetooth, I didn't have an option to select Audio, the only option available was Telephone. That's fine, as I have a USB slot. However, when I connect my phone to the USB slot, the option to play music doesn't work. It charges my phone, so the port definitely works, however on the car screen the USB option is greyed out whereas the AUX is available to be selected. I have read online that my iPhone may be too new, I have an iPhone XS, and my audio system may be able to only go up to an iPhone 6 or 7 as maximum. I don't wish to use an AUX for music and a USB to charge my phone as that's just too many wires and not ideal in terms of changing music whilst driving either.

So my question is, how can I get my phone to play music on my car either via Bluetooth or USB? Is there an adapter you are experienced with? Is there a way I can upgrade my car's software system to a newer version, which allows Bluetooth / USB with newer iPhones?

Thank you!!
Lexo

Re: BMW 118D 2014 AUDIO & USB HELP!

Post by Lexo »

On my 2012 f20 you cannot stream music via BT, only phone calls.
The usb port is only useable on mine for usb sticks which are at most 32gb and usb 2/3.0 anything larger/faster and I get errors.

Have to remember the car is far older than your phone.
VeeFourTee

Re: BMW 118D 2014 AUDIO & USB HELP!

Post by VeeFourTee »

I got myself one of these:

ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000B Bluetooth Adapter for Streaming iPod/iPhone/iPad to BMW/Mini with original AUX/USB Y-Cable Connection

Works great.

Richard

Return to “In Car Entertainment, Communication & Sat Nav”