Baby BMW Forum banner

128 with analogue dials

754 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  GampsBM 
#1 ·
This morning on my 128 that I have just bought I noticed the temp and fuel levels were showing orange led's whereas yesterday through the day the temp was white led's. Is this because I had the lights on or does it mean the operating temp hadn't been reached? I also noticed by the time I had done 4-5 miles the temperature would intermittently drop by 1 led segment but then went back to normal operating temp, this is probably due to it being 3 degrees air temp but would be grateful for any advice on this. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Yep they go red when lights are on and it's dark. So for example if the lights come on automatically during the daytime because it's raining then they will stay white, but if it's dark and the lights come on then they go red. I didn't know this happened at first.

#3 ·
Mag_Pie said:
Yep they go red when lights are on and it's dark. So for example if the lights come on automatically during the daytime because it's raining then they will stay white, but if it's dark and the lights come on then they go red. I didn't know this happened at first.
Thanks for that info, you've put my mind at rest asI was starting to think that it changed from red to white when engine was fully up to normal operating temperature. This car has so much tech on it and I am really impressed with it. I can master all the tech but I feel it's easier sometimes to get tips from people such as yourself to learn about the foibles and what is normal. This forum has answered a few of my questions today and for that I am extremely grateful. :thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.